Help fix my problem

Demolisher

Reaction score
Well i really need to fix this like when im driving my voltage gauge is real low and if i turn on my HID's or my aircon it gets even lower and then if im at a stoplight its real low and then the stop light turns green and i put my foot on the pedal and accelrate the voltage goes up also sometimes when i have everything on and its hot outside that car like wants to turn off and if it does turn off my car wont turn back on and ill need to put jumper cables my guess is its the alternator but i do need some advise O0

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Demolisher said:
nah all i have is the crank pully

OK, what you described sounded like my old 91 and I have the pulley on my alt and it did the same thing yours is doing. I had to put the stocker back on there and the prob was fixed. As for yours I would have to guess its the alt .....

cobra4978

Reaction score
My old white car did the same thing but i had let the battery die and had to use jumpercables to get it started after that like 3 times then it would'nt hold a charge so i had to get a new batt which fixed the problem has your car's battery been dead recently?

cobra4978

Reaction score
Yeah prolly the alternator then i would take it to advance or autozone and have them check it for you before you buy a new one so you'll know for sure

ryclef331

Reaction score
What brand is your crank pulley? Everyone's pullies are different depending on how agressive they are. You could have a "race" pulley on your car and not know it. I don't think your alternator is bad at all. I think your pulley is your problem. You're running alot of stuff to be running an aggressive underdrive.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Underdrive pulleys aren't worth all the havoc they cause IMHO.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
What freakin havoc? I got march alum underdrives installed them in an hour in my driveway and havent had problems since,besides my voltage drops at idle but my car has never died on me and thats running heat,and two 12" jl audio subs at the same time so i think they are worth it maybe its just the brand you choose

[attachment deleted by admin]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online