Help: Heavy Vibration while braking

Tony Montana

Reaction score
I installed some koni red shocks/struts and upr cc plates last week. Right after the install i took the car for a ride, and could notice heavy vibration on the right side.

I suspected rotor. I went for alignment anyways the next day, and it aligned perfectly, tech told me to check out the right side though.

It is still vibrating like a beast.

I jacked up the right side. If i put my hands on the 9 0clock and 3 0clock postion on the tire and move it from side to side there iwas a big wobble.
I looked at the balljoint and it didnt appear to be ripped or anything but what do i know. Because of the wobble I just replaced the outer tie rod today.
I am still however getting the vibration.

The rotor is good.
pads are good.
I checked all of the caliper bolts and they are tight.

When i move the wheel now it feels like the caliper has play. I am lost and am ready to take it to a tech soon.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS Vibration only occurs when coming to a highspeed stop or slowing down from highspeeds, and is felt throughout steering.

ryclef331

Reaction score
it really sounds like a something that rotates is giving you the vibe. I'd take the tire OFF, take the caliper off, remove the rotor....THEN check the hub. Lay your rotor on a flat surface (glass is optimal as it is perfectly flat....like a mirror) Look at it then and see if its still flat. It really sounds like a brake issue....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.