Help! How do you remove the E- brake cable?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That sucks. As you were talking about it I was thinking that I have an old set of wrenches I could sacrifice and I would have no hesitation pulling out the welder but it is harder if you do not have access to one. Got a friend with one you can pull a favor from?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Possibly. I’ll ask a couple of possible family sources and then throw it out at work. See if anyone can help me out.

Wmac

Reaction score
Hope your electric impact has about 600 to 700# of brake away torque. Otherwise a 24" long 1/2" drive breaker bar with a section of 1 1/4" pipe and the proper socket will brake that sob loose. Try some heat on the end of the bolt if possible, could be loctite on it.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hope your electric impact has about 600 to 700# of brake away torque. Otherwise a 24" long 1/2" drive breaker bar with a section of 1 1/4" pipe and the proper socket will brake that sob loose. Try some heat on the end of the bolt if possible, could be loctite on it.
Did the heat, breaker bar, the whole nine yards. Strip city.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions how I can Get enough torque on a breaker bar, etc with the drivetrain disconnected? Every time I get a good crank on that stubborn bolt, the whole rear end tilts with it, nullifying the amount of torque I must need to break that sucker loose. Errrgggghh,!

So then I thought if I reconnect the main shocks and put the wheels on the ground I could definitely get enough torque on it. But.... without the LCA’s, it sits so low I can’t get under the car enough to get a solid crank on the breaker bar. God, I’m pissed off! 3 freakin days of doing this. One bolt. And all because I got a wild hair up my ass to replace the calipers. Talk about wanting a “do over”

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm, maybe. So basically just lift the one (passenger) side leaving the other (driver) side on the ground?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you remove the other wheel and then have someone with a bar between the lugs hold it in position?
Also an option if the extractor socket doesn’t work. Will definitely keep that in mind, so thanks ttocs!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got it off, finally!! I left the extractor socket on last night after heating the snot out of the bolt, hoping it might fuse together or something? Hey, I was desperate! Put the tires/wheels back on and used my breaker bar and leverage against the tire, and loose she came! Hal-afreakin-lujah!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
8AD585F6-0A49-49C6-B36E-6B88E6FF229A.jpeg E7B193D8-9236-4DDD-A258-B1DF5BD12BE4.jpeg
Making a bit of progress now that I finally got that last caliper bolt off!
Today after work I got the new caliper and LCA on the driver side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online