Help me clean under the hood

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
with the engine warmed up, i just spray like half a can on there or as much is needed and then let it sit for about 20-25 minutes.. usually im off doing something else to the car while it is working.. then i come back, spray it off really good and im usually done but when i have a car show or something. i get in there and dry it up.. then i use some whipes (like armor all) or some tire shine or some simple green and go over everything like the plug wires and what not that trap and build up some grease on it to make it shine.. then get in all the corners with a rag or something and then i use some chrome polish on my intake cause its chrome... get your hoses real good to. after a while they will start to shine really well and loook wet. i don't do that to mine enough though so they don't look that wet, just clean black... thats really all i do. get up under the bottom of your hood to and the black piece where the firewall is.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah but when you spray it down dont you have to let it sit and get all the water off everything. like dry. cuz last time i had like water EVERYWHERE and i dried it up and still was acting up when i drove it so i let it sit for like 4 hours then drove it and it was fine

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
iono my car hasn't acted up yet.. its better to just use a garden hose with no attatchments.. i only use my pressure washer cause i don't feel like undiong the hose and stuff. i do sometimes but i guess i better start doing it more often so nothing bad will happen. just dont put water on it directly, it should be fine.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
your coils and your alternator and stuff like that..

heres my engine. sorry, took this pic tonight, but it was moderately clean so enjoy.

P1010470.jpg

you can tell that ive been slacking a bit because my caps are starting to get discolored..

GDawg

Reaction score
Love your fender guards... I have the same two and have a NAPA red one for the front area....

I need to get some pics of them....

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Love your fender guards... I have the same two and have a NAPA red one for the front area....

yeah they are something everyone on here should definitely invest in.. they have saved me a few times from some potentially big uh ohs.

Hicks

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
GDawg said:

yeah they are something everyone on here should definitely invest in.. they have saved me a few times from some potentially big uh ohs.
Somethign else i gota buy before my engine is done... thanks lol.. O0

W

Wes8398

SRT Hanz - Thats the 1st time I've seen that intake....pretty slick looking! Is it as ineffective as other intakes, or does it actually yeild some gains? Any troubles with the car running shitty because of the fenderwell placement of the filter?

Also, what's the deal with water and the motor? I'd love to give my engine bay a good clean up, but squeezing the trigger on a pressure washer while it's pointed at my engine scares the CRAP out of me! :noes: I'd be worried about something coming loose or getting water where you shouldn't or something like that. After spraying Simple Green and letting it sit, would a garden hose suffice, or would a pressure washer make it more clean?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
just use your garden hose.. a pressure washer works but so will a garden hose. its safer too. you don't want water getting all up in your plug wires and coil's and corroding things.

W

Wes8398

So there's nothing you really need to avoid getting water on than? Any need to cover up the alternator? Some of you might not be familliar with this, but my car has been "oil guarded" since day 1 to protect it from winter's salty roads, etc. They spray all over the engine bay and all the inside is caked in this thick, creeping oil - 10 year's worth of it! (gets sprayed once a year). Will Simple Green work at this stuff?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online