Help me decide final paint color!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Picking a final color is HARD!
I've decided to go with the cleaner, 1 color paint scheme with an accent.

BUT

I'm not fully convinced. I like white, and my car's been white for the last 10 years.
I'd go pearl white so it would be different, but not a lot. pear white is still a bright color.
after all, white is the most common color on vehicals.

I've narrowed it down to going pearl white with a blue/silver accent on the side and hood.

OR

I could go a sliver metalic with a darker blue/charcoal stripe on the sides and hood.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?? I need help deciding.

Please vote and comment as you like.
I'm out of town this week, ariving back Friday. the following week, paint will flow. :) :)

Here's some sample pix:

White/blue
schoolcars.jpg

Silver/Blue
012.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of changing body color on a car, so I say stick with the white. Should look pretty damn sweet when shes all done Jeff, you keeping the wheels you have now on it?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i say stay white, so out of curiousity what drove you away from doing a transparent base witha blue pearl in it?

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i said silver to try somthing different, u will appreciate all the change :dancing6:

but i may be bias... :bunny3:

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul, my painter and I talked about that. the pearl white he picked out has silver, and some blue/purple flake in it. He likes that pearl better than the suspended pearl idea. I don't know, havn't seen it.
It's a pretty white/pearl.

you should see the test he did of cobalt blue candy over siver metalic. THAT is a pretty blue.

I'm just narrowing down the options.
It's close!

Thanks for the reply's - keep them coming!!
I would like a change, Nes, kindal like I said in the first post. :)

Brian, I"m going to be looking at wheels. we'll see how soon I can afford that part :)

Do the pix sway anyone's decision?

ALITL8

Reaction score
where's the sketches??? i still wanna see those!!

do a variation of this... this is one of my clients rides

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
where's the sketches??? i still wanna see those!!

do a variation of this... this is one of my clients rides

They're in the garage, seperate thread.

I like how the front part of the flame is netative into the base color.
But, Flames are pretty common.

I have a few custom touches in mind for my car, I'll wait to show you the pix on that :)

What color Robert?

ALITL8

Reaction score
thats a tough choice... both would look good. im not a big fan of the stripes down the side of the car so its hard for me to visualize it looking "great". pearl would be unique, there's way too many silver cars on the road :dunno:

im gonna go look at your sketches

you need to see those flames in person, they are far from common!!

ALITL8

Reaction score
i like the first two, that last one looks like some NFS nightmare... just my opinion. its really hard to decide on permanent paint schemes cause you better "really" like it!!

pearl white and whatever else you decide :dunno:

drifts14x

Reaction score
White, hands down. Color changes suck and white is classy and so nice to clean up.

ALITL8

Reaction score
drifts14x said:
White, hands down. Color changes suck and white is classy and so nice to clean up.

he's got a point O0

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
i like the first two, that last one looks like some NFS nightmare... just my opinion. its really hard to decide on permanent paint schemes cause you better "really" like it!!

pearl white and whatever else you decide :dunno:

haha, thanks bro.

THanks Drifts.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
keep it white Bro.
Im sorry sir but those kind of racist remarks can not be made on this forum. Please refrain from using that kind of language here from this point on, we are a community that is open to any color.......so " keep it white bro" is not acceptable edict here. :police: :police: :police:

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: that was funny right there I dont care who you are :D :D :D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
hey jeff would you ask him to do a spray out of a white base/transparent base coat with blue pearl/ and clear? even if you dont like it i could use the pic. but im sure your mind would change =(

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Not to add another scheme to the mix but have you thought about a white bottom and dark blue top?

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
keep it white Bro.
Im sorry sir but those kind of racist remarks can not be made on this forum. Please refrain from using that kind of language here from this point on, we are a community that is open to any color.......so " keep it white bro" is not acceptable edict here. :police: :police: :police:

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: that was funny right there I dont care who you are :D :D :D
Dont make me ban you. :naughty: :naughty: :police:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online