help me decide how much to sell my car for....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:
I don't see you getting 10k unless you find the perfect buyer...in general major mods actually detract from a cars value in most peoples eyes because of the fear the car has been relentlessly beat on and just cleaned up for resale. Most people will pay more for a similar car in close to stock condition...so you need to target those who know how much youe stuff adds up to and stress to them the money they will save but realistically i don't see more then 7-8k in current condition...throw on a new paint job but you won't make anything over the cost of the actual paint job but may attract more buyers.
Honestly if it were 6-12 months from now i may be interested...i would like to pick up a coupe and just use it for 1/4 mile duty only but i have some others things to finish first.

thats the point, he has to sell it to a buyer thats looking for a BUILT car, .......find that person there is your 10k plus check
Even if you find an interested buyer who wants a car with some work done i still doubt it gets 10k +, beside a Novi 1K blower it doesn't have the other big ticket items a buyer wants when looking at a blown car and thats a built (forged) shortblock and P&P'd heads not to mention most people would even consider the Novi 1K as a small blower.
Why would someone want a 97GT that still needs work to finish for $10k when they can get a 96-98 Cobra with some mods done to it for the same price? Theoreticaly the car should be worth 12-15k but in todays market its a 7-8k car as it sits.

Scarface,
Post for sale threads in all the forums and see who bites...maybe you will get lucky and someone jumps on it at the price you want. It might also do well on ebay...
Why are you selling?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:
I don't see you getting 10k unless you find the perfect buyer...in general major mods actually detract from a cars value in most peoples eyes because of the fear the car has been relentlessly beat on and just cleaned up for resale. Most people will pay more for a similar car in close to stock condition...so you need to target those who know how much youe stuff adds up to and stress to them the money they will save but realistically i don't see more then 7-8k in current condition...throw on a new paint job but you won't make anything over the cost of the actual paint job but may attract more buyers.
Honestly if it were 6-12 months from now i may be interested...i would like to pick up a coupe and just use it for 1/4 mile duty only but i have some others things to finish first.

thats the point, he has to sell it to a buyer thats looking for a BUILT car, .......find that person there is your 10k plus check

Why are you selling?

only I know that reason :bunny3:

OP
OP
S

scarface

I am selling because we need a truck in our fleet, a car that sits in the garage is useless. So the wife and I decided if I can get my car sold for a decent amount, I can buy a Lightning to solve both the need for a truck and the need for speed.
Dalamar said:
ok, first off, you suck. and don't sell your car.
Paint it, and keep it!!!

however, if you do decide to continue with the insanity, you should remove the blower and sell it seperately.
return the car closer to stock, because you won't get much for your mods - not to mention your time and care of the car :'(

Today is now Black Friday...
I cant return it to stock, it wasnt stock when I bought it, so I am missing alot of parts.

LETS BE CLEAR ABOUT THIS GUYS...I DONT WANT TO SELL MY CAR. HOWEVER, IT IS THE PRACTICAL THING TO DO.

I wont take a huge loss on the car though regarless of the need to sell. So It looks as if I am making just another KBGT thread..lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I am selling because we need a truck in our fleet, a car that sits in the garage is useless. So the wife and I decided if I can get my car sold for a decent amount, I can buy a Lightning to solve both the need for a truck and the need for speed.
Dalamar said:
Paint it, and keep it!!!

however, if you do decide to continue with the insanity, you should remove the blower and sell it seperately.
return the car closer to stock, because you won't get much for your mods - not to mention your time and care of the car :'(

I cant return it to stock, it wasnt stock when I bought it, so I am missing alot of parts.

LETS BE CLEAR ABOUT THIS GUYS...I DONT WANT TO SELL MY CAR. HOWEVER, IT IS THE PRACTICAL THING TO DO.

I wont take a huge loss on the car though regarless of the need to sell. So It looks as if I am making just another KBGT thread..lol

and the truth is out,.............hes making the jump to the Lightning 8) 8)

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Dalamar said:
Paint it, and keep it!!!

Im on the "L" train...woooo woooo!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Dalamar said:
Paint it, and keep it!!!

Im on the "L" train...woooo woooo!

all aboard :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's still black friday, but I hear ya.

you'll get more for your car if you sell the blower seperately, and maybe a few other items. then sell it as a lightly modified GT.
and get it CLOSER to stock.
Droptop explained more on that line - and he is in used cars.

It's just a sad fact about used cars. when there's a lot of mods on the car, you wont' get $$ for it. :dunno:
Poeople are just skeptical - they think "why's he selling it - what's wrong with it"...

OP
OP
S

scarface

the only problem with parting it out is the cams...THey wont react to well without the blower.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
It's still black friday, but I hear ya.

you'll get more for your car if you sell the blower seperately, and maybe a few other items. then sell it as a lightly modified GT.
and get it CLOSER to stock.
Droptop explained more on that line - and he is in used cars.

It's just a sad fact about used cars. when there's a lot of mods on the car, you wont' get $$ for it. :dunno:
Poeople are just skeptical - they think "why's he selling it - what's wrong with it"...

I think we should just stop putting mods on our cars all together so we dont take a loss on them when we sell our cars :( :( :(

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: yea right :rollinglaugh:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I think we should just stop putting mods on our cars all together so we dont take a loss on them when we sell our cars :( :( :(

Fuck That!

OP
OP
S

scarface

Its not really a bad thing that I keep the car, I just was hoping I would get a lil more than 8k out of her...I see people all the time paying that much around here for mostly stock Gt's? Oh well.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I hope you do!
put it out as a feeler on the forums?

Good luck.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just put it out there for 12k or so and see if someone bites...i make my living because there truely is a sucker born every minute but those suckers are generally not looking for modded cars...BUT maybe one of those suckers has a teenage son :hammer:

try and sell it...whats the worst that could happen?

OP
OP
S

scarface

yeah Ive been looking around on the forums, and I havent seen any of them going for what I want..like Bob said they are pretty cheap...Im in no rush I guess, so I will see what happens

OP
OP
S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
what are you missing to turn it back to stock?
Im not sure how compaitble the cams would be with the stock equipment, but I would have to either retune it for them, or pay to have them removed...not looking to do either really.

I would need the stock intake tube, injectors, and stock FPR

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
DropTopPony said:
Im not sure how compaitble the cams would be with the stock equipment, but I would have to either retune it for them, or pay to have them removed...not looking to do either really.

I have the stock airbox and intake tubing and when i get things rolling i will pull out my 19lb injectors...you can have that stuff as i'll never need it. I don't know where my stock cams are but i have some PI cams. Swapping out the cams for stock would be cake with the Anderson Tool since you have no worries of PTV so no need to pull off the timing cover.

OP
OP
S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
scarface said:
DropTopPony said:

I have the stock airbox and intake tubing and when i get things rolling i will pull out my 19lb injectors...you can have that stuff as i'll never need it. I don't know where my stock cams are but i have some PI cams. Swapping out the cams for stock would be cake with the Anderson Tool since you have no worries of PTV so no need to pull off the timing cover.
I would have to pull everything to swap the cams...I have pressed on gears..how do you think those cams would go with the stock equipment?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online