help me decide how much to sell my car for....

S

scarface

so I am thinking about selling my stang, and was wondering if I could get some feedback on what I should ask for it.

here are the specs.

1997 mustang gt -black (needs paintjob) 75,xxx miles

Paxton NOVI-1000 kit (includes-Ford 42lb. Injectors, K&N filter,Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump)
Anderson Power Pipe
2.75 Blower Pulley
Lightning 90mm MAF
Bosch 114 bypass valve
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vortec t-rex Inline Fuel pump
SMC alky injection
PI intake
180 degree Thermostat
Professional products 75mm TB/Upper Plenum
EGR delete kit
MSD coils
Taylor 9mm plug wires
Autolite AR103 spark plugs
HP292 blower cams 228/[email protected] 531/531lift 114lsa. Blower Grind
Riechard Racing Manual belt adjuster/ ac delete.
Profession products Harmonic Fluid dampener.
Mac Long tube headers
Mac shorty H-pipe
Magnaflow stainless catback exhaust system B&M Short through shifter
1999 Cobra t-45 transmission
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Foire micro click firewall adjuster/ cable quadrant
Speedcal EXT
Ford Racing 3:73 Gears
Saleen 2 gauge cock pod.
Autometer Boost gauge
2 Autometer a/f Gauges
Racing Seats/ Black(front)
SCT Blue chip
Tuned by Ed Clark @ Steen Racing
Cobra hood w/ inserts
Cobra bumper
Cobra wing
Smoked Headlights
Eibach Pro kit lowering springs
15x3.5 weld draglites/15x9 weld draglites
165/80/15s (front)/ 26x11.5 hoosier quite time pros (rear)
3 inch wheel studs
Blue Oval industries U/LCA's
KYB 4 way adjustable front shocks

car dyno tuned at 385/361, however the Anderson PP and meth injection have been added since...Could use a re tune to take full advantage of these mods.

The body panels on the front were replaced because of a deer, the stock parts werent damaged so badly they couldn't be left on the car,(just broke the headlights and dented the fender) however I saw it as an opportunity to upgrade to the cobra equipment. No accident reported because I just drove it to work afterwards..lol

Carfax report is clean.

some stock parts come with sale.

PICS....

engine bay-

mustang008.jpg

outside of car-

mustang001.jpg

mustang002.jpg

mustang003.jpg

tire tread-
rears have less than a dozen passes on them by a friends car.

mustang002-1.jpg

fronts are brand new.. 0 miles.

mustang003-1.jpg

interior is in great shape, with after market front seats.

stangseats%20(600%20x%20450).jpg

Im not sure what selling points I should use, or how much I should ask for.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
told you Id be the first to post :banana: :banana:

now let me review this and Ill give my opinion

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OK NADA on a 97 with 75k miles on average is 7400 bucks. You have a LOT of mods and I know you have put a small fortune in your car thats obvious. The first thing I will say is to go ahead and invest the money to get it painted, that will be a huge plus trying to sell it. If there is any other little thing that is wrong go ahead and fix that while your at it.

You can base your selling point on it being a clean Gt with some super mods and well taken care of and not beat on. Having almost 400 rwhp on a non PI GT is a good point to :D Your engine bay is great looking so get the rest of the car looking like that. I would over price it by a grand or two and that gives you room for the negotiation that will come from your first few guys interested in it.

I say start the asking price around 10 - 12

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

scarface

ITs a lil bit more timid sounding now with the catted hpipe and magnaflows.
Thisis my problem, I see people buying these things for 8k or so mostly stock...We wont go into how much I have in the car :(

I would let it go for 10k the way it sits right now, if it looks like I will get around that, I will part it out COMPLETLY, and junk the shell.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Thisis my problem, I see people buying these things for 8k or so mostly stock...We wont go into how much I have in the car :(

I would let it go for 10k the way it sits right now, if it looks like I will get around that, I will part it out COMPLETLY, and junk the shell.

when I sold my 91GT a few years back ( to a friend ) I had bought the car for 5k and then put 11K into it with mods. So I had 16 grand in it........and keep in mind the BIG part of this was in the motor, and it had only been in the car about a year when I sold it plus I put convo pros on it with new tires a MONTH before I sold it. That was almost a grand right there............

I sold the 91GT for 8k :(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:

you think you can get 10k for the parts if you strip it down?

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:

when I sold my 91GT a few years back ( to a friend ) I had bought the car for 5k and then put 11K into it with mods. So I had 16 grand in it........and keep in mind the BIG part of this was in the motor, and it had only been in the car about a year when I sold it plus I put convo pros on it with new tires a MONTH before I sold it. That was almost a grand right there............

I sold the 91GT for 8k :(
if you can get 8k for a 91, you dont think I could get 10k for a 97?
Snakebit said:
scarface said:

you think you can get 10k for the parts if you strip it down?
no, its just me talking shit....lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you never know, you could write stuff down and see :dunno: :dunno: how much could you get for that blower set-up......maybe 2 grand :dunno: then you have a lot of other stuff you could sell and then fix the car back stock and sell it for 7 to 8.

Hey I think thats a better idea, strip it down to stock sell all the parts get your cash out of those and then sell the car as a stocker.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
you never know, you could write stuff down and see :dunno: :dunno: how much could you get for that blower set-up......maybe 2 grand :dunno: then you have a lot of other stuff you could sell and then fix the car back stock and sell it for 7 to 8.

Hey I think thats a better idea, strip it down to stock sell all the parts get your cash out of those and then sell the car as a stocker.
I dont know that I could do that...I dont have alot of the stock parts for the engine..I bought it with the blower on it.

This blows.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see you getting 10k unless you find the perfect buyer...in general major mods actually detract from a cars value in most peoples eyes because of the fear the car has been relentlessly beat on and just cleaned up for resale. Most people will pay more for a similar car in close to stock condition...so you need to target those who know how much youe stuff adds up to and stress to them the money they will save but realistically i don't see more then 7-8k in current condition...throw on a new paint job but you won't make anything over the cost of the actual paint job but may attract more buyers.
Honestly if it were 6-12 months from now i may be interested...i would like to pick up a coupe and just use it for 1/4 mile duty only but i have some others things to finish first.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:

I dont know that I could do that...I dont have alot of the stock parts for the engine..I bought it with the blower on it.

This blows.

oh hell, that is a problem then :-\

Well back to square one...............for sale 97GT lots of go fast goodies Supercharged well taken care of ....12k 8)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I don't see you getting 10k unless you find the perfect buyer...in general major mods actually detract from a cars value in most peoples eyes because of the fear the car has been relentlessly beat on and just cleaned up for resale. Most people will pay more for a similar car in close to stock condition...so you need to target those who know how much youe stuff adds up to and stress to them the money they will save but realistically i don't see more then 7-8k in current condition...throw on a new paint job but you won't make anything over the cost of the actual paint job but may attract more buyers.
Honestly if it were 6-12 months from now i may be interested...i would like to pick up a coupe and just use it for 1/4 mile duty only but i have some others things to finish first.

thats the point, he has to sell it to a buyer thats looking for a BUILT car, .......find that person there is your 10k plus check

OP
OP
S

scarface

well, this may be the end of a dream of getting my next vehicle. I have 17k in the car, so there is no way in the world I could take a 10k loss....I know I would take a loss, but I really have no interest in selling it bad enough to let it got for 7-8k.

Thanks for the reality check guys....Ill go polish my wheels now...:(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
well, this may be the end of a dream of getting my next vehicle. I have 17k in the car, so there is no way in the world I could take a 10k loss....I know I would take a loss, but I really have no interest in selling it bad enough to let it got for 7-8k.

Thanks for the reality check guys....Ill go polish my wheels now...:(

dont give up that easy, what the hell is wrong with you :slap: :slap: :slap: put it in the classified section and see what happens. You need to get it painted too

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok, first off, you suck. and don't sell your car.
Paint it, and keep it!!!

however, if you do decide to continue with the insanity, you should remove the blower and sell it seperately.
return the car closer to stock, because you won't get much for your mods - not to mention your time and care of the car :'(

Today is now Black Friday...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
ok, first off, you suck. and don't sell your car.
Paint it, and keep it!!!

however, if you do decide to continue with the insanity, you should remove the blower and sell it seperately.
return the car closer to stock, because you won't get much for your mods - not to mention your time and care of the car :'(

Today is now Black Friday...

I support big D in his thought to sell his car............I know his " inside " reason to want to sell >:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online