*Help Me Dial In My Engine*

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So, as many of you know, I did extensive work to my car a few years back. Life threw some curveballs my way and the Mustang never got past the "it's running, just not well" stage due to it being forced onto the back burner of priorities. So I'm asking for some help in the department of physical tuning. The company I bought the stroker kit from and Trick Flow both told me that with what I did the vehicle should run respectfully without a tuned chip, which I could always get later on to get a little more out of the car.

What I need is -

Where should I base my timing?

What fuel pressure should I have set at the regulator? Should I adjust this while the car is at idle, etc?

TPS adjustments? Voltages?

Those are the only things as of right now. I want to start there since I know both of those are not where they should be and I can't remember if I did the TPS or not so I want to check it.

Mod list - 331 4" stroker. TFS Track Heat top end kit. Pro-M 80mm MAF. Anderson 4" Power Pipe. 75mm SR throttle body. 31# Ford injectors (red). Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, I also have an Accufab I can use if needed/better. I think that's it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Can't really comment much but the following. Pre tune, had a lot of erratic idling issues, stalling etc, rich as hell. Tune fixed all of that, however still needs tweaking. We left the tps alone. [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] I'm sure will shed some light on this thread

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Let's see....

1] Set the distributor to 10*

2] Start at 38 psi for the fuel pressure, you can check it with the key on or idling

3] TPS voltage will be around .98 or so but read this: http://forums.corral.net/forums/6778307-post4.html

This may help with some of your issues but you truly need a legit tune to "iron out all the wrinkles''.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see....

1] Set the distributor to 10*

2] Start at 38 psi for the fuel pressure, you can check it with the key on or idling

3] TPS voltage will be around .98 or so but read this: http://forums.corral.net/forums/6778307-post4.html

This may help with some of your issues but you truly need a legit tune to "iron out all the wrinkles''.
10* retarded or advanced? And thanks for the info. I'll start with this and move along as needed.

GearGambler

Reaction score
great advice!

If you have an aftermarket throttle body with the IAC bypass screw on it, make sure that is nearly closed. You could also do a base idle reset - when the car is warm, shut it down, pull the spout, unplug the TPS and IAC, Start it up and set the idle. Shut it down, plug it all back in and you should be good.

That timing at 10* is critical with the 94/95's. it should only be advanced via a chip / calibration.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great advice!

If you have an aftermarket throttle body with the IAC bypass screw on it, make sure that is nearly closed. You could also do a base idle reset - when the car is warm, shut it down, pull the spout, unplug the TPS and IAC, Start it up and set the idle. Shut it down, plug it all back in and you should be good.

That timing at 10* is critical with the 94/95's. it should only be advanced via a chip / calibration.

Thanks! I'm glad I made the thread. With you and White95 it's been helpful.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

lietuvis91

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. My car has been together for a while but never had time to mess with the tune, so it runs like SH*T...

2017 is the year I should have time to wrap the car up. I'll keep an eye on your posts and share what I can. Keep at it and good luck! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online