Help me find the owner of this Mustang

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Hey everyone, its been TOO LONG since I've posted on here. you may remember me from this pile:
gQTeW2s.jpg

I abandoned that project due to some serious title issues, and moved onto the next project:
InMctWP.jpg

mKv5T8O.jpg

I am in the process of selling the Vic, and want to get back into an SN95. Originally I was looking for a New Edge, however I came across this gem:
LnykUjJ.jpg

a6cX1RU.jpg

zZTyGn3.jpg

f0c7dBr.jpg

aXf8Odz.jpg

AYHOaT5.jpg

wSiHBPM.jpg

hzmt4lJ.jpg

hOd2bMs.jpg

EeyAOVz.jpg

1998 Mustang GT with a 2002 motor swapped into it. The body has 198,000 miles and the motor is suppose to have around 100,000.
I have been talking to the seller off and on for the past week, and he doesn't seem to know a whole lot about it... I have recently found out it is his dad's car, that was given to him to sell off for college loans.
The more I think about it the more I could have sworn I've seen this car before, and it being 2 hours away from me, in person is unlikely. Which leads me to believe that I have seen that car here, on this forum, as it is really the only forum I've ever been on. So I am trying to find it on here so I can determine its history and ownership a little better. As the guy who is selling sort of knows what he has but doesn't have a whole lot of details for me.

Any help or insite would be greatly appreciated. I genuinely can not wait to get back into a SN95!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that car was a members old car. Rolocut?!? I can’t remember his name but I remember really awesome pics of it in a big parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was never into white stangs but his, Dalamars, and clarks were always fawking sexy!!!!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I found his build thread and reached out to him via Instagram. Hopefully I can get the money together to purchase it. Its definetly been neglected a bit so it's the perfect winter project. Hopefully I'll be around here more often soon!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Planning to make the trip up to Mass on Friday to check it out, if all goes well I will be returning on the weekend with my trailer to pick it up!
I have ordered new tires for my trailer, figured this is a good excuse to finally replace the rubber on the trailer I picked up at the beginning of this year. Purchased it with 4 completely different tires on it, some 205, some 215, all 4 are different brands, and 2 of them have about 0 tread left... YIKES
47NwMnG.jpg

vk99OjX.jpg

Build thread will be going up shortly after, planning on documenting its current state. Currently have no real plans to modify it from its current state. I think I will focus on making it right and getting it back to its former glory, enjoy it for a month, and then park it for winter and start diving into my wallet...
Crossing my fingers

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Planning to make the trip up to Mass on Friday to check it out, if all goes well I will be returning on the weekend with my trailer to pick it up!
I have ordered new tires for my trailer, figured this is a good excuse to finally replace the rubber on the trailer I picked up at the beginning of this year. Purchased it with 4 completely different tires on it, some 205, some 215, all 4 are different brands, and 2 of them have about 0 tread left... YIKES
47NwMnG.jpg

vk99OjX.jpg

Build thread will be going up shortly after, planning on documenting its current state. Currently have no real plans to modify it from its current state. I think I will focus on making it right and getting it back to its former glory, enjoy it for a month, and then park it for winter and start diving into my wallet...
Crossing my fingers

I’m looking forward to this!!!! I always loved that car and will be excited to see it brought back from the dead!!!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, and he lived close to another member with a Bullitt if I remember correctly. And he sold that car for a Terminator if memory serves right

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Definitely Jon Sowa's old GT. Loved that project, sad to see it in this condition. Hopefully you can make the acquisition and return it to it's former glory!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Ah, and he lived close to another member with a Bullitt if I remember correctly. And he sold that car for a Terminator if memory serves right
Not sure about the bullitt, but he started the build in New Jersey, and moved to Mass for work I believe, sold the car in Mass (where it currently is now) and upgraded to a terminator which he proceeded to modify in a very similar manor to this 98, but took it farther and from what I can tell completed everything he planned for this 98 on the termi.
Once everything is done and finalized, and I have the car, I am thinking of reaching out to him to meet up to get both cars together. I think that would be pretty cool, and he'd get to see his old car again.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I gotta say I generally do not like white cars or gold wheels but its cool.
I was never a gold wheels fan either.. But back when I originally saw his build thread when I had the black 94, I fell in love with the look he pulled off.
I want to test fit the wheels I had built for my CV on the Mustang just for shits and giggles, but I think the gold compliments the export tails and interior very well tbh. Only time will tell I guess!

The irony of this all is, I still had all of my parts from the 94 build in my parents old shed, didn't want to part with them because I knew I'd get back into a SN95 some day, 2 months ago I tore down that old shed to make room for a new shed I am helping them build, and made the decision to chuck all of the old parts... everything from ebrake cables to battery relocation kit, radio bezels and old wiring stuff from the wire tuck I has planned.. Now in my local dump.. And shortly after tossing all of that I decided I wanted to sell the Crown Victoria and get another Mustang, originally looking for a New Edge and then stumbled across JBs olds car... Such is life. lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
took the 5 hour round trip to look at it today. Not in as good of shape as I had hoped, just about every panel needs to be repainted, chipping paint here, surface rust spot there, cracked bumper over there, etc etc.
cobra lip is half ripped off, corner marker has a ripped weatherstripping, door has a rust dot from chipped paint, rear fender lips are kinda jacked up from wheel rubbing, tires are chewed up from fender contact.
the interior is in almost excellent shape, and the engine started right up with the assistance of my truck for a jump start.
When I went to back the car up, i heard a whining noise. At first I thought it was the throw out bearing, I had a very similar noise come from my 94 when my bearing went bad, but then I realized it wasn't changing when using the clutch. After further inspection I narrowed it down to the front of the motor, almost sounds like its coming from the alternator. It doesn't sound like its going to blow up or anything, but its a very present sound. I'm thinking maybe its a pulley? Not sure.
Anyways we talked and agreed on a price, however I have not fully pulled the trigger. I have someone looking at the Crown Vic on Sunday and depending how that goes I may be going back with my trailer on Monday to get the car. We'll see.

Overall not scared to take this project on, it does need more work than I originally thought, however I didn't find any rust or rot on the car besides the spot on the drivers door. So its still a solid car. Seemed to drive fine although it did seem to rub alot, granted the guy lived on the worlds worst street and im pretty sure the tires where on the low side so some air in them would do some good.

Anyways here are some quick pictures I grabbed while I was there
JAEV1st.jpg

VBb8g92.jpg

qOw0LrJ.jpg

zSD4sDp.jpg

NyjuvQ8.jpg

V4jp8sA.jpg

rdTLtEg.jpg

UcFQAdZ.jpg

Also pretty bummed about the front bumper, there is a crack at the bottom of it and I could have sworn JB had shaved the license plate holes, and go figure someone drilled them back in. BOOOO who needs front plates.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a shame to see it of gotten to be in that bad of condition but overall solid as you said. If the price was right it would definitely be an awesome project to bring back to glory.

Hopefully y’all get it worked out for the best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.