Help me identify these doublespokes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlkVert, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BlkVert

BlkVert New Member

My 97 has double spoke 17's like this one but it has darker inserts. I found one that has silver inserts but it does not look as polished as this picture. What are these? I plan to have my rims reconditioned and I wanted to see if I could get them to look like these but it would help to know what these specifically were. The picture is crappy but it's about all I cold find. If you have a better picture of these rims post it up please.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. 9psi 98

9psi 98 Active Member

That would be a 1998 GT wheel. Mine have the gray metallic paint on all of the unmachined surfaces. I think that this is what you're talking about. I'm selling mine really soon with new tires for $500 if you're interested. They are in really good shape and polish up well as you can see in the pics.
    [​IMG]

3. BlkVert

BlkVert New Member

Those are very close. The pony's in the center caps are not blacked in like the picture but they ate as polished. Out of curiosity where are you located, shipping on those would be a bear.

4. 9psi 98

9psi 98 Active Member

The little ponies in the center are only darker because they are filled in with a sticker that is the same color as the paint on the wheels. Otherwise they would polish up just like the rest of the wheel. I live in Maryland (20754), anywhere local I could meet half way or something for the price of a tank of gas ($40). We could figure out some other shipping options if needed.

5. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

9psi98, do you have any underhood pics? Ive always wanted to see your setup.

Oh, sorry for the threadjack. lol

6. 9psi 98

9psi 98 Active Member

Here it is, it is on another thread somewhere on this site as well.
    [​IMG]

7. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

Awesome! Thanks :)

8. BlkVert

BlkVert New Member

LOL. I'd take more than a tank of gas to get half way to Texas!

9. 9psi 98

9psi 98 Active Member

Yeah, that's not local for sure. Stricken my previous statement from the record. :-X Shipping is always available.

10. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

I love that under-the-hood picture, it looks so deceivingly stock'ish in there.... really cool

BTW, what brand/size tires you running on those rims? I'm in the market for new wheels and tires.

11. 9psi 98

9psi 98 Active Member

Thanks for the compliments. My entire car is decievingly stock'ish. It really surprises everyone who tries to race me off a light or from a roll on the highway. My SC is totally silent until I mash the throttle, and then it sounds like a Lightning pick-up whining under boost. When they catch back up, they get beside me and I usually get the words "Holy F***" mouthed to me. I give em a smile and a thumbs up. I'm running Bridgestone Potenza ZR 245/45/17 directional tires. They only have 3k miles on them and are for sale with my rims.