Help me put togehter a cheap wheel and tire combo for the track...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
that is the correct lug pattern, but i believe you will need a 6" backspacing.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
You will definately need atleast a 6" bs with a 10" wheel if you are lowered over an inch. A 4" bs will stick out past the quarter panel. I would also try and get some Mickey Thompson tires if they will be strictly track tires because mine Nitto's didn't hook that great with just H/C/I and now with the Procharger, they really don't hook.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Ok question.

How likely am i to break something in my newly rebuild rear end if I get some slicks? I dont go to the track that often, but when i do I get about 10 or more runs in.
Im thinking about ust going with some M/T ET streets so I dont have to worry about breaking anything on my daily driver. Actually LESS LIKELY to break anything. So what kind of chances does my rear end have with slicks?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Ok question.

How likely am i to break something in my newly rebuild rear end if I get some slicks? I dont go to the track that often, but when i do I get about 10 or more runs in.
Im thinking about ust going with some M/T ET streets so I dont have to worry about breaking anything on my daily driver. Actually LESS LIKELY to break anything. So what kind of chances does my rear end have with slicks?

Well I have never broke a rear personally, but anything can happen. I guess its a pay to play deal, it could break but you never know :dunno: Odds would say with a fresh rear you should be fine but :-\ :-\ who knows for SURE. And again I know dozens of guys including myself that has made hundreds of passes on slicks and never had a prob

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Well when i say freshly rebuilt, I mean just the diff. The axles are stock and stuff. Basically the clutches, bearings, and gears were changed.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you have less of a chance to break with DRs than you would with full out slicks...if i was you, and if you have the extra space in the garage or somethin, try and pick up another rear, you can get one for like $150-200 if you look hard enough...so if you do snap the rear end, you hav another one to throw in.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Ok I have decided to use my stock 16 in waffles.

So who makes the biggest drag radial that will go on a 16x8? M/T ET streets only come in 255 and I am hoping for like a 275.