Help me with Tailight Tint!!

STNG_96

Reaction score
Alright, I've yet to see to many SN95s with tinted tailights, and I thought I would try to do it on my car. Ive read other places about spray on tint that was bought at the local Auto Zone or something? Anyone know what Im talking about? I know about the VHT spray, but Im just looking for something that I can do on a rainy day, without having to wait for the tint to ship or whatever, Anyone know of something I can use?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The best is the stuff like window tint I know ppl use it on their 03 cobras a lot but I doubt you can get it for us Sn95s. The spray works ok, I have seen it look like crap and sometimes look great. You gotta do the right process, then blast a layer of clear on it after. Super thin coates and take your time.

white98snake

Reaction score
well the vht nightshades stuff is def the best to use on our cars and make sure u take the tail lights out b4 u do it, and like matt said thin coats are best and take ur time

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Matt directed me to this thread.

This is what I did.

1 can of VHT NightShades. Remove and mask off tailights so only the lenses show. Sand lenses with 400 grit sand paper to get them smoothed out and clean. Spray a light coat of VHT. Let dry and lightly sand with 400 again. Spray another light coat. Sand with 800. One more light coat. Then spray with clear. I had a the girl at the dealership I work at spray it with her clear so its perfect and durable. Here are some pics.

DSCN9105.jpg
DSCN9186.jpg
DSCN8842.jpg
And they still light up like stock.
DSCN9189.jpg

Jeremy

Kiljosh

Reaction score
Siiiick, I've been looking into doing this on mine. Thanks for the instructions man!

Question though, you think you could do it to a set of projector headlights like in my sig? And if you could would it look right? :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That looks good on that black 95

Kiljosh said:
Question though, you think you could do it to a set of projector headlights like in my sig? And if you could would it look right? :dunno:
I'd think it would work on headlights too. ppl put tint on them.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I dont know how clean it would look though on headlights, they do that that tint like window tint that sticks on tail-lights I know they have them for 99-04's and it looks great.

GT119

Reaction score
i used some clear coat with a few drops of black on my taillights...looks great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online