Help!! my mustang has a really shitty idle, i dont have a clue what is wrong.

venomm

Reaction score
please help me
my car has a real shitty idle, it idles around 250 RPM, yes that is two hundred and fifty, in the middle of 500 and 0 RPM. when i hit the throttle, the engine doesn't rev until i let it out. My bro said that i was throwing some codes, i just wanted some other opinions before i started messing with it.
Thanks everyone for your help.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Check your plugs and wires. If that doesn't do it check your IAC. If that doesn't work make sure you getting fuel to the car. if that doesn't work read the codes. If you still don't know take it a shop.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
venomm said:
please help me
my car has a real shitty idle, it idles around 250 RPM, yes that is two hundred and fifty, in the middle of 500 and 0 RPM. when i hit the throttle, the engine doesn't rev until i let it out. My bro said that i was throwing some codes, i just wanted some other opinions before i started messing with it.
Thanks everyone for your help.
If the car is throwing codes, then take it to a shop and have them run diagnostics on your car.

ryclef331

Reaction score
STOP STOP STOP. If its only idling at like 250rpms....thats TOO low to just be an idle air control valve. That sounds like a timing issue to me. Judging by the fact it won't even rev. Also, you don't have to go to a shop to scan your codes. Get a haynes or chiltons manual. If you have a voltmeter, you can pull the codes yourself. You can also look up how to do it online somewhere I'm sure. DON'T BUY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU TROUBLE SHOOT THE PROBLEM. You don't want to waste money on shooting in the dark.

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
You can also get a code reader for like 100$ at the local auto parts store. I use mine all the time.

OP
OP
V

venomm

Reaction score
Thanks everyone
i went out and bought a code reader from O'reilly's for only $35.
My mass air meter wasn't working properly, and my throttle connections came undone from the throttle body.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
venomm said:
Thanks everyone
i went out and bought a code reader from O'reilly's for only $35.
My mass air meter wasn't working properly, and my throttle connections came undone from the throttle body.
That will do it everytime

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online