Help needed egr system missing, purge valve problem.

Rex_Granite

Reaction score
Hi, first I am new and hope I am posting in the appropriate area. I am also asking about a subject covered quite a bit but I can not find the answer I need. I apologize if I am outside the rules, so on to my question.
I recently bought a 1998 GT conv. It has 85000 miles on it and after an extensive cleaning is pretty nice. My issue is some previous owner removed the EGR stuff. He did cap the intake and I assume the manifold. My issue is the car demonstrates the gas smell on starting attributed to the canister solenoid and purge valve. My tuner reads the code for the 2 items as well. My situation is the vacuum line from the solenoid going toward intake connects to nothing. Does it go to missing EGR system? If it is victim of the missing egr, is that proper? Is there a way of making the purge system function. Thank you very much in advance, any help is appreciated.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Most of the EVAP system is located inside the passenger side fenderwell. Have you taken the wheel off and removed the inner fender liner yet?

OP
OP
Rex_Granite

Rex_Granite

Reaction score
I am not trying to look at the canister. I am attempting to make it function properly. I am trying to determine where the vacuum hose coming the solenoid and purge valve. Think other direction.

OP
OP
Rex_Granite

Rex_Granite

Reaction score
I think visual aids may help here. If this hose goes to EGR how do I make purge function properly. Previous owner took stuff off. I am trying to restore to proper order. The codes read problem with canister. The vacuum hose from device is unconnected as shown. Where does it go?

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20181116_155602.jpg
    20181116_155602.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter