HELP!!!! PLEASE

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
You fuel pressure at 30psi is normal if you didn't unplug the vac line to it. But you want to take the reading with the line off. Should be 39psi.

Also, you sure you got the firing order correct after the plugs?

^^^^ That would be something to check out but it I think it'd idle horrible if it was askew.

Don't Sext and Drive.

OP
OP
S

SVTCobra5.0

Reaction score
What should I gap the plugs at? the MAF sensor is god unhooked it and noticed the difference it makes. The FPR is adjustable with an Allen key on top with a screw you turn. I did notice that the there is a red vacuum line coming off other the FPR and my header did melt it so I cut the melted parts of that line off just didn't connect it yet. But I did turn up the FPR to 39 or 40 psi and like RichV said without should be 39 but still is doing it. I'm not sure if I got the correct firing order ill look it up and check that.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That melted line is probably the culprit. Without proper vacuum fpr can't adjust pressure adequately

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
What should I gap the plugs at? the MAF sensor is god unhooked it and noticed the difference it makes. The FPR is adjustable with an Allen key on top with a screw you turn. I did notice that the there is a red vacuum line coming off other the FPR and my header did melt it so I cut the melted parts of that line off just didn't connect it yet. But I did turn up the FPR to 39 or 40 psi and like RichV said without should be 39 but still is doing it. I'm not sure if I got the correct firing order ill look it up and check that.
You're running around a the vac line unhooked?

Don't Sext and Drive.

OP
OP
S

SVTCobra5.0

Reaction score
I hooked up that line and it didn't seem to do much. Yes it is the line that goes to the top of the FPR well into the intake podium. I'm going to do a compression test and see if it's anything internal like valves or something.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I hooked up that line and it didn't seem to do much. Yes it is the line that goes to the top of the FPR well into the intake podium. I'm going to do a compression test and see if it's anything internal like valves or something.
The next time you run it pull the vac line off that is on top of the top regulator and.see if gas is coming out.

Don't Sext and Drive.

RichV

Reaction score
I had a 79 5.0 Mustang that had a weird miss when I bought it. Ran and drove what I thought was fine. A few weeks later, started looking into it by replacing the ignition components. Found whomever did the plug wires used a HO firing order on a non-HO engine. It was very different, surprisingly it ran and drove. But after I corrected it, it must have picked up like 50+ HP.

foxbodyfiringorder.gif

Plug gap should be 0.054 IIRC.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
.052-.056

And stop unplugging your maf. It is not a proper function test.

Did he say it ran better w it unplugged? He he unplugged it and it ran god. Think he meant good?? We all know it's not the plug gap, if they were off a hair it wouldn't make him fall on his face at wot. I don't think it's the maf (if he's tuned for said maf/injectors) because every time I've had one go bad it the car would run cruddy no matter how much throttle, it wouldn't even want to idle. Firing order? I doubt it, unless he mixed it up when he put on the new ones. Do you think it's fuel related, like a pump going bad? Or a sensor? I guess it could be in the tune but he said it was running good for a little while. I'm out of ideas, what do ya think?
42506ae5ee0fd412d7764d67680ecff6.jpg
l
Don't Sext and Drive.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Did he say it ran better w it unplugged? He he unplugged it and it ran god. Think he meant good?? .

I don't really care. It's bad for the maf and pcm. It's not a proper diagnostic test, and should not be done.

There are only a handful of things that can cause his issue. TPS, fuel pump, and cats (if present) are where I'd be looking.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I don't really care. It's bad for the maf and pcm. It's not a proper diagnostic test, and should not be done.

There are only a handful of things that can cause his issue. TPS, fuel pump, and cats (if present) are where I'd be looking.
I was gonna mention the test the tps w a voltmeter. It could be that but the tps doesn't fail all that often.
OP: Google how to test the tps w a voltmeter, it's easy to do (if ya have a voltmeter of course). Just don't believe the hype that the tps is adjustable. It's isn't.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online