Help, questions about doing an engine build up

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well I have a 95 gt mustang, and have been debating a lot lately as to what I want to do with it. Originally I was thinking i would pull the motor out of the car entirely, put forged pistons in, a mild cam, afr 165s and a trick flow intake. And I figured I would also want to boost the car later down the road. However I have been hearing a lot that the block won't handle more then 500 or so rwhp before it blows? But now I have been thinking a different route, I have been thinking about going with a 347 short block ( just going to order out of a ford magazine). However, I was wondering how well this would all go into my mustang, and if the the heads I wanted to use would work with this motor. I would like to be in the neighborhood of 400 flywheel horsepower n/a and I would want the motor to be able to support a good bit of boost because i will be going with a turbo or a super charger later on down the road. Opinions? Suggestions?
-Thanks in advance- Jason.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Start with a Dart or World block. The strokers you see in the magazines are still stock blocks, unless they say Dart or World. Its pay now or pay later.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Start with a Dart or World block. The strokers you see in the magazines are still stock blocks, unless they say Dart or World. Its pay now or pay later.
+1 Those blocks are expensive, but they'll handle anything you throw at 'em. Do you have a local engine builder in your area that you can talk to and have the machining done at? A shop with a lot of experience will set you in the right directions with bore/stroke/head/cam combos.

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah ford is bringin back the old boss 302 block but redesiged.4 bolt mains, supposed to handle 1000+ hp for $1700.they have a whole article in the new 5.0 magazine.u shouldnt need more than this block to handle what u want.

97vertstang

Reaction score
$4500, but thats fully build.the boss 302 is $1700 but just the block itself.any aftermarket block is gonna cost!!!!

95pootang

Reaction score
Production 302 roller block , fully machined
· Sealed Power forged piston .068 dish for 9.0:1
· Comp cams Extreme Energy hyd. Roller cam mild , blower specific grind 215/224 Duration @.050 .533 lift 114 LSA
· 1.54 exaust valve , longer to eliminate valve rotator and have adequate spring installed height and pressure
· Eagle I-beam steel rod with ARP cap screw bolt , bushed pin
· Cometic MLS head gaskets
· ARP head studs
· Includes oil pump and remaining gaskets to assemble
this should help out the bottom end of the 302 with the kb blower. just thought id share the news
i also ordered gt 40 heads to go with it. this engines rated at 350 hp with headers cia xpipe with high flow cats. paid 3499.00 shippied to my front door. there promar engines out of nj. this was designed for my kenny bell blower. with the blower its should be between 450 to 500 hp depending on the pulling i wanna run. if you want there number pm me ill more than happy to help. i have about 8 grand in the engine and blower ,good luck.

95pootang

Reaction score
chill out man, gezzz, of course the blocks a weak link. whats up your pants. all i was doing is helping out a fellow mustang person. thats what this is all about right ??helping other people. :aresehole:

95pootang

Reaction score
{quote}Well I have a 95 gt mustang, and have been debating a lot lately as to what I want to do with it. Originally I was thinking i would pull the motor out of the car entirely, put forged pistons in, a mild cam, afr 165s and a trick flow intake. And I figured I would also want to boost the car later down the road. However I have been hearing a lot that the block won't handle more then 500 or so rwhp before it blows? But now I have been thinking a different route, I have been thinking about going with a 347 short block ( just going to order out of a ford magazine). However, I was wondering how well this would all go into my mustang, and if the the heads I wanted to use would work with this motor. I would like to be in the neighborhood of 400 flywheel horsepower n/a and I would want the motor to be able to support a good bit of boost because i will be going with a turbo or a super charger later on down the road. Opinions? Suggestions?
so if you read what he was asking, and you looked at what i posted. hes looking at something that i have as far as hp. thats how i was helping.giving him a idea of what its gonna cost and what he may like to do. thats all bottom line . then u posted your helpfull rmarks in regards to what i had suggested to him. bottom line every bodys opions like a ass hole we have one . what he wants to do with our adivise is up to him. and as far as the money is concerned . ya have to spend money if ya want the hp. personally i think i have gave him some good advise . i dont see u putting in your two cents in a positive way.

import_slayer94

Reaction score
I got a buddy with a fox body 5.0, pushing over 400 at the wheels with a supercharger on the stock block. He had it way for a couple of years before he threw a rod. My plan is to get 350-400 hp on the stock block; im more worried about the t5 tranny. I think your best bet is to get a 20 valve vtec engine out of a civic; turbo charge it, strap some c4 to it, and blow it bak to the land of :rice: as a sacrifice to the mustang gods

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online