Help: Sputtering and gargling

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
it doesnt do it at idle, but when i go gently thru 1st then punch it thru 2nd and 3rd there is a big hesitation all thru the rpm range, and gargling comming from the exhaust almost like it wants to die. any ideas? fouled spark plug?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a spark issue, plugs, or possibly a burnt/cracked wire, dirty cap/rotor? When was the last time you did a tune up on it? Id suggest new wires, plugs, cap/rotor.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i agree with matt sounds like its misfiring to me do a good tuneup and take it from there

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you put in new plugs since you got it? Does the KB you have require a certain kind of plug, maybe it does and they were not installed when the former owners put the blower on. :dunno:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well they are autolite 23's and no i havent replaced any of them, they have only been on the car for 2 years max with the blower...

jpajkos

Reaction score
+1 might I suggest the Iridium Plugs, at least a 9mm wire (ford racing makes an excellent set for the money). Since I put mine on the car fires right up bro. Before I had the +4 bosch's I know alot of people use platnium but my motor hated it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.