help!!! starter removal

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
ok can any one give me some tips on removing the starter on my 96 gt its a bitch to get at

gt96stang

Reaction score
swivels and extensions... I was actually able to get mine out... The bitch part was getting the top bolt back in... I've even heard people say to leave it out when you put it back..

Thomas_W

Reaction score
you need 1- 13mm socker, 1 swivel and enough extensions to go from the swivel allllll the way to the front of the motor going ontop of the engine mount "perch" thats part of the K member.

thats the easiest way of getting the top bolt out.. other than that.. dont waste your time putting it back in.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
wow, not getting that bolt back in don't sound to safe.

you've still got 2 more ;D its not an issue.. my old 97 GT has been running around with that bolt missing since 1999... as i still see the car driving around town

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I just went through this this last weekend putting a new clutch in. I had to unbolt the AC pump to get to the top start bolt. It's a straight shot from there. I also didn't put that bolt back in and all is good.

voidfinger

Reaction score
maybe i could get something to make the bolt stick to the socket and work it back in. I just don't like the idea of haveing a bolt off. but thats just me :noes:

freeryde

Reaction score
i replaced the starter and there was no bolt when i pulled it out, was gonna put one in there but decided it'd be to difficult. if you have the patients go for it but not really needed

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
maybe i could get something to make the bolt stick to the socket and work it back in. I just don't like the idea of haveing a bolt off. but thats just me :noes:

I tried doing that. Was a HUGE PITA. Much easier only using 2 bolts. Torque'em down nice and tight, put some red loctite on if it makes you feel better. I agree about not liking idea of not having that bolt but after spending all day saturday and 4 hours sunday doing a clutch I didn't give a damn as long as 2 bolts held the starter on securely.

G

GREG@SN95

instead of taking the starter off the car...

just take the car off the starter...

firstonraceday

Reaction score
gt96stang said:
swivels and extensions... I was actually able to get mine out... The bitch part was getting the top bolt back in... I've even heard people say to leave it out when you put it back..
+1000000 and 24 beers..... its a bitch man :drunk:

wht46gt

Reaction score
yeah it really is a big fat bitch i had to take my front pass. wheel of and use like a crap load of extensions and a swivel but i got it off, not without braking a swivel though, i left mine off and have had no problems just make sure that the other 2 are really tight

voidfinger

Reaction score
god i love your avatar. i saved it and then put it on my background, lol my girl hates it :) , just imagin her saying ....come and get me mitchell...........hope it ain't your girl. :hammer:

97blackgt

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
god i love your avatar. i saved it and then put it on my background, lol my girl hates it :) , just imagin her saying ....come and get me mitchell...........hope it ain't your girl. :hammer:

+1 who is that girl..? shes smokin :rockyou:

wht46gt

Reaction score
well if your talking about me i dont know who she is but she freakin hot i think shes british or something

voidfinger

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i would tear her out the frame, after i'm dun with her they would total her out lol. Might get some insurance money out of it :) :hitit: hmmm man. where you find her?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online