HELP!! strut came loose!

Maniak87

Reaction score
i installed my tokico d-specs yesterday. they feel great but i still need to make some adjustments. they are as stiff as they can go right now which is kinda bad.

i went for a little drive today and at the end of my little "run" i started hearing noise from the front right area. i popped the hood and the front right strut popped out of the caster plate. when i tried to tighten them the shaft just spins . when i installed them the shaft didnt spin. i stick the allen key in at the top (thats how you adjust them) to try and stop it from spining but it didnt help. then i tryed some vise grips, didnt help and i was worried about stipping the threads.

here are some pics:

ocalamustangrally001pj5.jpg

ocalamustangrally002gz5.jpg

ryclef331

Reaction score
You need to reach UNDER the fender and GRAB the shaft where it comes out of the strut body. THAT is what is connected directly to those threads. THAT or hit that nut with an impact gun if you have access to air tools. My shocks and struts do the same thing. Its a lock nut on the top on a shaft that just wants to spin. You haven't broken anything, you just need to hold that shaft with out fucking it up (gouging, nicking, or scoring it) OR impact it.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
tokico doesnt want you using an impact gun for that nut. i was just thinking about grabbing onto the shaft from underneath. kinda dark and cold for me to mess with it today i will have to take another look at it tomorrow.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I can understand not wanting to an impact. Grabbing the shaft should do it.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I can understand not wanting to an impact. Grabbing the shaft should do it.

in the dirrections, it told me NOT to use an impact gun to install the top nut for the struts many times. even put a sticker on the the strut itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online