Help understanding fitting of wheels and tires (94 Cobra)

wrathin

Reaction score
I have been saving up for a while and the time has come to buy a new set of wheels and tires (my old Cobra R Rims are beginning to flake. QQ) I have a 94 Cobra and wanted to see if this would fit.
https://lmr.com/item/WK-1007SBC/94-04-mustang-bullitt-wheel-kit-chrome-17x9-10-5
and the order a set of 275/40 (Nitto NT555 G2) for the front and 315/35 (Nitto NT05R) for the back.
By everything I'm reading these should fit. I was just wondering if anybody has run these or had problems running them.
Thanks for everything.
This is strictly a Friday/fun car It is not my daily driver.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty have run those exact same wheels with no issues. If your lowered quite a bit then you will need to roll your rear fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wrathin

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. I do have an aftermarket suspension but it is still stock height. Your word isn't the only thing im going off of, but i at least wanted some anecdotes to back up what I've been reading. Right at 1500 dollars is a lot to spend with no return policies in place if you have the wrong size.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Search through the forum and you can find tons of pics with guys who have run those. They’re classics but they always look good.

They make for a nice fat stance with the 315’s. They look especially good with the right exhaust tips from the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
They will fit fine. I have had that exact combo on a couple of lowered cars with no problems.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
same here have run this setup. only interference you may find is the 275 fronts on lock to lock may hit your front sway bar, particularly if you have a larger than stock bar. otherwise, no issues, shouldn't have to roll the fenders either in the back.

OP
OP
W

wrathin

Reaction score

Thanks for the help guys. They fit great. I still need to clean and polish her, but shes back on the road.

Reaction score

Thanks for the help guys. They fit great. I still need to clean and polish her, but shes back on the road.

i run the same ones but black. You can fit 315s on the rear with a little room to spare. No rolled fenders either.
also nice ride man

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My driver side tire would shred with 315's. Nothing a rubber mallet couldnt handle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online