Help w breaking in motor ..

RichV

Reaction score
A roller motor does not need the zinc. I just use assembly lube when putting it together. But if you're not breaking in bearings, no need for a break in. I would change after a thousand miles or so and look for metal just incase something is not right. Did you change the oil pump?

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for all replys,, i m just a lil worried i guess being this is my first stang i bought and had to take out complete engine and replace it with a used one with 65 thousand miles on the odometer and replaced all the compenents with brand new parts and just wanna make sure i did the right thing by putting in the break in additive in my first oil change since the motor was in and now i can just drain that oil and start putting in sythenitic oil and change every 3 months seems to be the answer everyone agrees on ? again guys thanks again and sorry to sound like a newb just rather ask a question and be safe and learn and do the right thing for my car..thanks again synthetic oil is the way i should go than ?

RichV

Reaction score
I personally am not sold on 'needing' synthetic, but you can't go wrong with it.

I put in a supposed 25K mile longblock in my 1st race car. Lasted 7 laps before it threw a rod. The seller must have meant 25K without an oil change or something. :)

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for all the replys again and help,, over the weekend i m going to change out the old oil and go with what everyone suggested and sythentic oil from Castrol or mobile 1.. should i do the high mileage one ? motor has about 65-70 k miles on it when i bought it from prestige mustang.. anyone suggests any one in specific as well.. thanks again for all the help..

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for all the help and input mobil 1 it is ... thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi