Help! What lug nuts are these? What are they called?

cornflakes

Reaction score
I don't have lugnut locks to remove these lugnuts from my car HRE Wheels.
I checked the HRE website and all the wheels they have posted there are
5 bolt pattern. Mine is 4 bolt pattern.

The lugnuts themselves have 8 grooves as you can see in the picture. I know
6 is popular but 8 seems kinda rare or hard to find.

Can anyone help me find a lugnut lock that can remove these? What are they called?

I think they have different sizes and measurements also. I can measure them later and
post the specific size unless it is not required.

293avjs.jpg

2zolr9i.jpg

chris91

Reaction score
Run it over to a tire shop. Most of them carry a wide variety of wheel lock keys. Dont let em use the universal remover on them as they will probably scratch the hell outta the lug holes.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well they are what I'm calling normal on a mustang because mine And 3 of my buddies all have the same lug nuts, these

chaos254

Reaction score
They look like tuner lugs. My wifes cadillac has aftermarket rims with them. Most places wont have the key. I ended up buying one on amazon

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spline. My Mazda had similar ones on with aftermarket wheels
Go down to a local tire shop, they should have a key for purchase or at least know what they are and where to get the key.

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. So any final verdict? Are they Tuner lugs or Gorilla lugs? So mine are 8 spline? Where could I buy a 8 spline wheel lock to remove them? I tried searching on ebay and other places but can't seem to find them...they seem to be extremely rare.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge tuner lugs are a general style, usually thin to fit in aftermarket wheels. Gorilla lugs are a brand, which a couple users says are 6 spine.

Go to your local tire shop, let them try to figure it out.
Those looks very generic, I don't image they'll be that hard to find.

What vehicle are they even on.

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try and find a tire shop around here but I'm overseas now and they don't quite have the kind of "aftermarket" products and knowledge around here, just your basic tire service centers. Most places I've gone to for other things, they didn't seem to know much about aftermarket parts. Also, these are on a 2011 Chevrolet Spark. I also contacted HRE Wheels but they said that they don't make 15" wheels, so they don't think my wheels are actually HRE wheels and they don't give lugnuts + wheel locks either so they wouldn't know.

I've contacted 2 ebayers who are selling the McGard 8 spline tuner lug key......just seeing if they can confirm if it might fit my lugnuts. I measured them just now and they are 17mm head and 60 mm around.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. So you have fake HRE on your Chevy spark, with weird lug nuts on the other side of the world.

Sounds like a shitty deal.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What are these on?

Try ebay if you want to buy a 8 spline nut remover but your local import tuner parts place might sell them also.

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
Lol. So you have fake HRE on your Chevy spark, with weird lug nuts on the other side of the world.

Sounds like a shitty deal.

Yes it is a shitty deal LOL.

I'm doing my best to get it all sorted out.

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
Yes, as I said, most places around here don't seem to have any sort of aftermarket knowledge or parts. They are just your basic tire centers. I'll still stop by one or two of them and see if they got any solutions. The current place I'm at now is not a tire special shop, but a simple car service center. I was going to get my brake pads replaced but he told me if I didn't have the lugnut key, he couldn't remove those wheels for me. He did help me look online to shop around and couldn't find much of anything...most were 6 spline.

Later on he called me and told me he found a 8 spline set with lugnuts in black (i want it in black) but said it was like 160 dollars or something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online