Help with clutch pedal and car shaking

Chris

Reaction score
Hello all, I am needing some help with my 1998 mustang gt. The clutch pedal in this car is extremely hard to push in, like all my weight has to be used. Then when the clutch is engaging, the car shakes violently along with some chatter unless i rev the car up to around 3k rpms. The car has a aftemarket cable and the firewall adjuster. It supposedly has a stage 3 clutch in it with less than a hundred miles. I did notice though that the bracket for the cable is not attached to anything. I am going to get under the car here in a few to unhook the cable from the fork and see if the pedal travels with no effort or it force is still needed. I have been told the stage 3 clutch is overkill for regular street driving but is the shaking real bad when the clutch starts to engage normal? Also reverse is almost impossible as the car shakes alot when the clutch starts to engage. Like to the point to where it almost stalls...I have owned 3 mustangs and 90% of my driving history has been in straight drives.just looking for advise please. I will let everyone know as well what I find out when i unhook the cable from the fork as well. Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
When mine did this, the throw out bearing came out in a dozen pieces. Take a good look inside when you look around.

OP
OP
C

Chris

Reaction score
Just letting y'all know in case someone else has this problem that I figured out the problem...the fork was not installed correctly..I pulled it loose and pushed it back into place until I felt it kind of lock in place .I figured it was either the tob or pressure plate. Now it drives smooth and easy. Just gonna keep my eye on it for the first few times I drive it.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I love it when the solution is free! Good job of diagnosing your problem.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up, my whole fork dropped out before. Make sure that's not what's happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online