help with pi intake swap

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive heard many things about this swap...just looking for some answers...I see alot of sites with differant parts lists mostly....ive heard that I dont need adapter plates becuase I can just use silicone?...is this true or should I spend 100 bucks on adapter plates...also what is the complete list of parts needed

is this all I need?
2 XW7Z-9439-AA intake gskt $6.08 ea
F8AZ-10153-EA alt brkt $10.53
F1VY-8255-A thermstat housing o-ring $3.83
F1VY-8507-A water pump o-ring $2.43
XR3Z-9L437-BA upper plenum o-ring $3.05
F75Z-8555-AA coolant tube nipple $5.73

Heard I dont need another coolant tube for my car.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you will need a heater hose for any 96-98...you might not need a new nipple on some 98's.
RTV works well with PI gaskets. Just dab a small amount in the corner of the water jacket where the gasket doesn't seal entirely and thats it. RTV is what they used in the old days before gasket technology was advanced and water doesn't break down RTV so its good forever.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
o ok...do you know what the part number is for this heater hose?...or is it the same as this XR3Z-18B402-AA coolant tube $19.67?..

also is there any certain kind of silicone RTV I should use?

S

scarface

OT: if you know where I can get adapter plates for 100 bux LMK!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah HPS is $85 but they aren't shipping them yet, call them and tell them you want them. The owners name is Bob and he'll talk to you.

ripper

Reaction score
You need the coolant tube the one from the nonpi is straight and the one for pi is bent. Yours wont work. The pi intake is deeper.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
o ok...do you know what the part number is for this heater hose?...or is it the same as this XR3Z-18B402-AA coolant tube $19.67?..

also is there any certain kind of silicone RTV I should use?

yes that is the tube that you will need. i didnt have to change the nipple on the back of the water pump so i think you're good to go there. also i had to use a newer alternator bracket. as far as the RTV goes, i went with the high temp i think it's red. i just finished my intake swap yeasterday :banana:

S

scarface

I have the newer alt. braket if you need it (you can get it CHEAP!!). You would need to check the part numbers to be sure it is correct for you aplication.

Any RTV would be fine.

Olstangguy

Reaction score
To use the new nipple, the waterpump has to come off. If you have high mileage, you might want to go with a new waterpump, 180 thermostat and serpintine belt. Good time to clean and O ring the injectors

x-IntakeKit.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online