Help with shock and strut set up

Sinned83

Reaction score
I'm in need of struts and maybe shocks for my prokit. Any input on what would be a good combo for a weekend car. I have some billstein shocks but I'm afraid they will be to firm as I do not plan to be at any track events. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
S

Sinned83

Reaction score
So I should get matching struts? And why

hotmustang95

Reaction score
So I i should get matching struts? And why

Because they are very good. And they are perfect for street and performance/track use if needed. Btw's they came stock on the 03/04 cobras so the Engineers at Ford didn't think they were to firm. I've been using them for years on my street/track car.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you can find matching Bilstein struts, yes get those. There are other options if you can't. Matching would be best, though. You may be able to find a lightly used set.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Speaking of Bilsteins btw's, look what just came off my car. Just upgraded to Konis with coil overs. These are the Bilstein HD and H&R Super Race Springs. Any interest?????

OP
OP
S

Sinned83

Reaction score
Already ordered I had everything but the struts good luck with sale

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
So I should get matching struts? And why
The common answer is yes when matching shocks and struts but you don't have to and here's why. It depends on the particular application you're setting it up for. But I'm going to assume this is just a daily driver and with that said, what does and the spring manufacturer (Eibach) recommends for use with their product? Just remember your shocks and struts should be matched to your spring rates (very important) and the end result will be better performance and ride quality.

If you decide to purchase better shocks and struts like adjustable KONI then you don't have to worry about which springs you have because the shock controls the motion of the spring, higher spring rates will require more rebound damping for optimum control and that's why KONIs are adjustable and provide superior handling and ride quality. A cheaper adjustable option would be a shock and strut from Tokico D-Spec.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online