HEMI powered stang

nitroram33

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm going to be buying my friends 'IRS swapped '95 that I built in my sig soon and had also considered doing a 6.4/TR-6060 swap as a short term solution until I decide to go more nutso with it in the future. Nearly 500HP/500TQ would certainly be a lot more interesting than the bone stock 5.0/T5 combo that's in there now and isn't THAT expensive. With a truck pan on it the fitment probably wouldn't be that hard either and it should be fairly easy to get the trans to bolt up like a normal six-speed swap as well. Who knows, I really need to finish my stupid R/T at some point too...

Last edited:

Bernie Anderson

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I have loved mustang's since the first time I rode in one at 5years old. I'm thinking of a build and never owned one before. I'm a huge mopar guy and am thinking of building a 5.7 hemi and swapping it into a sn95, anyone on here heard of that before or done it.
The Project car should be called "MoStang" as it is a melding of Mopar with Mustang! Whadoya think?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, I saw a video on YouTube of a new edge with an old school hemi in it. He also called it a mostang. I can’t find the video though.

nitroram33

Reaction score
You can get a complete 6.4L (non-MDS) with a TR-6060 out of a Challenger for $8k or a little less in kit form that includes all this stuff:
  • Dodge Challenger 392ci 6.4L engine with engine cover
  • Engine injector and sensor wiring harness
  • Engine computer wiring harness
  • Under hood Fuse box/power distribution box
  • Exhaust manifolds and oxygen sensors
  • Alternator & belt kit
  • AC compressor
  • Engine starter motor
  • All front engine pulleys and idlers and belts.
  • TREMEC T6060 6 speed manual transmission
  • Air box, mass air meter and intake hose
  • Drive by wire gas pedal
  • Steering column & key
  • Misc Coolant hoses
  • Fuel tank, pumps and module
  • ECU (engine computer) -
  • Manual shifter assembly
  • Manual pedal assembly
  • Trans slave cylinder
  • matching speedo cluster

Sell off what you don't want and run Holley EFI and you're in pretty good shape.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I have loved mustang's since the first time I rode in one at 5years old. I'm thinking of a build and never owned one before. I'm a huge mopar guy and am thinking of building a 5.7 hemi and swapping it into a sn95, anyone on here heard of that before or done it.

Do it and make sure you start a build thread here of it. ;) Would really like to see this.

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Built right the 5.7 can be impressive. I had a 2005 Magnum with a stock bottom 5.7 that I ran into the 10s on a 100 shot of N2O. Car made 390 to the wheels NA with 6.1 based top end and a large cam.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
I doubt that the tr6060 would work in any 79-04 mustang due to the shifter design but you could use another transmission with a bellhousing adaptor that’ll be plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Hmm I’ve never seen that unless you’re referring to the magnum xl.

nitroram33

Reaction score
Hmm I’ve never seen that unless you’re referring to the magnum xl.

The T56 Magnum is just the name for the aftermarket TR-6060 which usually comes with a different tail housing to fit a slip yoke instead of a flange like newer stuff tends to use. I'm talking about the replacement shifter bases that let you get rid of the external linkage so the trans can be used in swaps:

https://core-shifters.com/products/...0-from-challenger-r-t-srt8-6-speed-trans-swap

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yes I know, but the shifter swap is a new one for me. I wonder why only the mopar version has the provision to be swapped to a direct shifter.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They do but its a moot point when you can buy a t56 that has the correct shifter location to begin with and is plug and play. And looking at the pictures it still might not be in the correct location. I guess its up to the person building the car but if that were me I would go with a t56 with a mopar bellhousing to keep things simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online