Here's my '95 Cobra build!

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Finally getting around to putting this all together, but is it really ever over? I promise there's even more on the way. Enjoy.

1995 Mustang Cobra: Rio Red 73,xxx mi

306...ARP bolts and studs, TRW forged pistons, Clevite tri metal race bearings, MLS head gasket, Melling oil pump, Pro gear timing set.

P1SC Procharger @ 11#s, Anderson B21 blower grind cam, ported and polised GT40 heads, port matched cobra intake, long tubes, Spintech prostreets.

Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri ax

2004 Cobra IRS, 31 spline 8.8 rear, 3.55 gears

Here's a teaser of some of what came today

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Here's the to do list for the coming days: Oil change, trans fluid change, fix diff leak, put on stock IRS rear springs, fit 15" drag pack, 3" extended studs, find another trunk and get the holes coved, add battery cut off to the trunk, yellow fog light bulbs.

Coming months: tune from Blue Oval Chips, 4.10s, Hurst line lock, beef up IRS, subframe connectors....Nitrous next summer? :)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Super clean car as far as adding nitrous . At 11lbs on the stock block I'm not sure I would use nitrous unless for cooling down intake air temps . I'm running a dart blocked 331 stroker with a cog driven blower I kept the kit in my car because it was previously a nitrous car and jetted it down to a 50hp shot just to cool down the iat's I'll get some pics this weekend and show you how I did it . Haven't used it yet but it's there .

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
It's a toss up between nitrous and meth. I'd like to do a bigger stroker like 331 or 347 maybe next season

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Summits. Those are the 15x4s and the 15x8s should be here next week sometime along with extended studs. They're going to be wrapped in Hoosier QTPs 27x10.5x15
Very nice, I went with the Jeg's brand stars on mine same sizes, pretty sure they are from the same company. They will look sharp on there!

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Very nice, I went with the Jeg's brand stars on mine same sizes, pretty sure they are from the same company. They will look sharp on there!

How was the fitment on the 15x4s up front? I know the back is going to require some grinding because of the IRS

Firefighter181

Reaction score
How was the fitment on the 15x4s up front? I know the back is going to require some grinding because of the IRS

Fronts I had to take about an 1/8" off of the cross beam with my grinder, but after that no problems. I did not want to have to run a spacer upfront at all. I am running the 15x4 with the 1.75" offset.

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Fronts I had to take about an 1/8" off of the cross beam with my grinder, but after that no problems. I did not want to have to run a spacer upfront at all. I am running the 15x4 with the 1.75" offset.

I believe mine are 1.45 and I have cobra brakes so I'll probably have to

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
taking out the H&Rs and putting stock rear springs back in so I snapped some pictures of the IRS...

Gas tank cover needs cleaned up/plasti dipped. Forgot to mention the billet flow IRS brace and IRS crossmember. LMM drag bags should also be on there way sometime next week

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Oh yeah and the spintechs are obviously not on yet but they will be monday when they arrive. Flowmaster 40s as of right now

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Ok, yeah I just have the GT stockers, but with 1.45 offset I would not think you would have to take a lot off.

Did a little test fit already and I think I'll be ok with the extended studs and a spacer.

On another not i found a trunk for $25 so its going to get sanded, holes covered, and a hole drilled for the battery cut off tonight and then painted sometime this week.

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Here's the drag pack....

Now just waiting for the paint to come in for the wingless trunk. Hitting the strip on Wednesday

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Great stuff in this thread.
Love the car.

Thanks boss! I know you're a big wingless fan and I'm more than excited to get the new trunk on, think it's going to put it over the top. After that I'll take the car somewhere besides my driveway and get some good shots of it. Just did some 10mph rolls with no spinning, which is making me hopeful for the track next week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online