Here's my babies

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
Anybody attempting to replace the cross-axis boots themselves will want to do this:

Put about 2 cups of water into a microwavable container, run it to 5 minutes leaving the boots in the warm water while installing each one, will take maybe 5 seconds each.
20220916_100522.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
But as can be seen in the above pic, this no longer fits so I'm looking for a stock airbox/intake which seems to have a much lower profile.
20220919_200245.jpg

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I guess I'll use this thread as my build thread since I have a bunch of projects I'll be doing to the Cobra. This post (https://www.sn95forums.com/threads/both-my-babies.78825/) has a little bit of background about the car. As mentioned in that thread I bought the car from a fairly local dealer and below are the newer parts I was able to find on the car when I brought it home.

Parts:
BBK 65 mm throttle body
Steeda under drive crank harmonic balancer
JLT CAI
BBK 1-5/8" ceramic coated long tube headers
BBK catted mid/H pipe
Borla cat-back exhaust
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Bilstein shocks (replacement)
SR front caster camber plates
Steeda Off-set steering rack bushings
PowerStop Z23 front & rear brakes
Aluminum driveshaft
3.73 rear diff gears

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
The main purpose of this car is a Daily Driver and shared auto-cross duties, with my BMW. I’d like to thank @Warhorse Racing who has been a big help as far as figuring out what I need to do to the car. I found his youtube channel and started watching the technical videos and realized that he setups up his cars like I have in the past; not “on the cheap” but not all high-end parts, so I contacted him and asked what a parts list would look like if he built my car, so I could skip the iterations of trail-and-error and start close to where his cars currently are. Sent me the right and I proceeded to go on a shopping spree, lol. So thanks again help @Warhorse Racing !

I’ll post in this thread as I work on and complete tasks, which I have many more to complete.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I found a local yard (about 100 miles away) that had a wrecked '99 Cobra that still had the airtube but not the airbox, and it was delivered Friday. It barely fit with the Steeda front strut tower brace and luckily the CAI the car had already had an adapter to mount the filter to the MAF sensor, so at least have something temporary, even if it is a HAI at the moment.

The air on the '99 that I received appears similar to that for a '01, the '99 is supposed to have 2 ribbed sections and the '01 only 1. This airtube only has 1 and doesn't have the nub/bump right above the ribbed section that the pix of the '99 & '01 have. The car has an SR 65mm throttle body and the opening must be larger than the stock opening as the airtube didn't fit over it like it should have, so I had to improvise and bought a rubber 4" hose coupler, which was still a little tight but worked when heating it in hot water.20220924_172001.jpg20220924_092140.jpg20220924_092144.jpg

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
Here's a link to the thread trying to identify the CAI that came with my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online