Hey all.

ThatguyfromPanama

Reaction score
Just wanted to intro myself.

Live in Panama, Disabled veteran, building up a friends '95 GT.

Mainly going to be lurking, looking for ideas and where to get parts. This is my first Mustang build since V.34 modems were considered fast.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Just wanted to intro myself.

Live in Panama, Disabled veteran, building up a friends '95 GT.

Mainly going to be lurking, looking for ideas and where to get parts. This is my first Mustang build since V.34 modems were considered fast.
What kind of build are you doing? Are you making a drag car or a street car? If a street car don't mess around w too many bolt-ons. If you're not doing anything too radical the stock stuff such as the throttle body, maf, and the exhaust system will support over 300 rwhp. If money is an issue skimp on that stuff. If you want to make any real performance gains you're gonna have to go for the throat with either a head upgrade or some sort of forced induction.
When you're starting with a car that makes 190-200 rwhp in stock trim (that's if the bottom end is in good shape) one has a lot of ground to cover to "keep up w/ the Jone's these days, V6 Camry's run 14's in 1/4 for Pete's sake.
The money spent on bolt-ons will add up fast and at the end of the day you still won't be making enough power to be relevant. You could spend nearly $1k on exhsust and you'll only gain a handfull of hp (maybe 10 on the high side if you go w shorties) but at least it'll sound fast I guess.
The moral of the story if you're looking to make under 350 at the wheels the stock TB, MAF, and exhaust system will carry you there. Save you're money for a new topend or a supercharger. Steer clear of under drive pullies and know that cold air intakes are just for looks. If you want a more aggressive exhsust note, remove the pre-cats and replace the afts with "high flows" and install the mufflers of your choice depending on the sound you're looking for.
I'd also like to add that removing smog stuff is also pretty worthless if you're looking to go faster. It's not even worth the effort. Quick example- EGR delete. There's no power to be gained by removing the egr, it just "cleans up" the engine bay, purely cosmetic.
Best of luck, I'm a vet as well. However, I'm not disabled yet.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity. This IS the place for SN95 (94-04) info.
How about a pic of the 95? It helps to have a photohosting site. Don't forget to start a build thread to track your progress.
Thanks for your service. I'm retired Navy.

OP
OP
T

ThatguyfromPanama

Reaction score
I already have a GT40 lower & NOS (New old stock) FMS SVO(stock cobra but engraved with SVO) upper & spacer.
BBK long tube headers, flowmasters, 75mm TB, some other stuff but still sorting it out.

I have built many 5.0L engines. Just not recently. Ive owned 5 Mustangs over the years.

I'll be putting up a build thread today after I get some coding & datalogging done with my BMW.
Just a little on the actual build. He has owned the car for 5 years & gone through 3 transmissions. Anyone who knew anything about cars would have told him why. I looked at the car for 10 minutes & figured it out. A long while ago it was in a front end collision. It actually folded the body at the firewall & bent the transmission crossmember. the driveshaft has no range of movement on the tailshaft & the car is leaning over 2" to the passenger side.
LUCKILY he bought an unmolested parts car.
So I told him we are going to put all the stuff from the bad one he has been driving, into the rust free, damage free parts car. After showing him all the damage he agreed without a second thought.

Like I said I will be putting up a build thread with what we have, what I need, what I am going to do and what a "project car" on a budget built by crazy disabled veterans in Panama can do.
HOPEFULLY he can keep up with my BMW :)

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Here we go, ride of the month candidate coming up.
1cf579430ed33986e99c741a7570c809.jpg
46ce778fcb212546d22f127d3b3747bf.jpg
799e63cea2e689e0a9a58737fafea200.jpg
8561ab3c5177023e80227c268b10d446.jpg
5ab62796001aa146d1985de8c6f887f2.jpg
cb2dcc71caafe72d23916ebc0a8c88b5.jpg

Two owner car budget build. Numbers matching, over 300k miles on body/frame and transmission. "Built Ford Tough"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ThatguyfromPanama

Reaction score
I'm taptalking too, first time using it trying to get it all figured out. Sounds like a pretty cool build. What are you thinking as far as valve springs? How does one delete a post via tapatalk?

I have no idea. Going back on Tuesday. Just trying to get it running right now. The guy that had it before him drag raced it. Has a bunch of new never installed parts, and a good amount of stuff on the car. Said he used to run N2O, but I found no indication of that. Not even an upgraded pump. Replaced pump yes, but stock. Also has stock injectors.

I will tell all this in my build thread.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I have no idea. Going back on Tuesday. Just trying to get it running right now. The guy that had it before him drag raced it. Has a bunch of new never installed parts, and a good amount of stuff on the car. Said he used to run N2O, but I found no indication of that. Not even an upgraded pump. Replaced pump yes, but stock. Also has stock injectors.

I will tell all this in my build thread.

Do you think yall are gonna ride it out w the gt40's or do a head swap?
*edit* I meant to say cam and valve springs.

OP
OP
T

ThatguyfromPanama

Reaction score
I dont know what it even has at this point. Ive done a lot with the 5.0L so right now our plate is clean. Gonna get it ripped down once I get a fuel pump. See what it has head, cam,etc. Like I said. Only thing we know about it is what I see on the exterior. It may have a better cam and springs with stock heads.... i honestly dont know. We are both disabled veterans and have to go slow to keep ourself out of the doctors office.
Only thing I know for certain. It kept blowing the stock T5(he went through 3 before parking it out of frustration.... it ran, just couldnt move. I found out the body bent to hell and pushed everything back and twisted the drivetrain. Hence why we are using another car.
Please post any other questions in my build thread.

Sent from my SM-C111M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online