hey auto guys?

97vertstang

Reaction score
just looking at things in summit racing and i found a b&m electronic shift kit. does anybody have it???is it any good??it seems interesting.its part #bmm-70381.im just bored and looking at speed parts and wonder if these one works.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Electonic? If your gonna do that then just get a programmer, that you can do the same thing it will do, and so much more.

Kiljosh

Reaction score
Its been my experience that electric shift kits are actually bad for your transmission. Like it was said, just get a chip, or an alternate shift kit.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Basically all an electronic prgrammer will do is change something with your tranny fluid, and that will make it shift harder. Ive never really heard anything bad about it, because I know that better shifts means less slippage. Now, the programmer will basically do the same thing, but you will also get to adjust other things performance or maintenance wise.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Snakebit said:
use to have a slush box, went back to a gear banger :thumb:

Id give anything if mine was a stick

dont get me wrong my auto was great (2800 stall, trans-go shift kit, tranny cooler, revised shift pattern-computer chip) but it still just isint a manual.

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
I agree , but if your drag racing nothing is faster than a 2 speed powerglide or a real built C-4 with a trans brake , now for the street ...... 5 or 6 speed all the way !

STNG_96

Reaction score
Yeah, even though you can build an automatic to be faster, Id still prefer a manual, just for the fun factor.

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Yeah, even though you can build an automatic to be faster, Id still prefer a manual, just for the fun factor.

I do agree ! :drunk:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After you spend a few years in a truck, shifting all day, you appreciate an automatic more.
I like mine, but it needs some modifications.

They both have they're pro's and cons.
A properly calibrated automatic will beat a stick anyday.
dumping the clutch is also fun, and u just cant do that with a slushie... :'(

I'd stay away from the cheaper shift kits.
they can spike line pressure, and cause too much heat.
There is a mod you can do called the J-mod to firm up the shifts, that requires no parts.
you'd have to search for it.

For serious performance, Lentech is the only way to go.
I have they're valve body, and a staul on the way once i'm done with engine mods.

Kiljosh

Reaction score
Yea electronic shift kits raise line pressure and actually put a lot more stress on the tranny.

The J-Mod is found at Tccoa.org, a very worthwhile mod, but you need some automotive skill.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Kiljosh said:
Yea electronic shift kits raise line pressure and actually put a lot more stress on the tranny.

The J-Mod is found at Tccoa.org, a very worthwhile mod, but you need some automotive skill.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

Thats the link for the J-mod, which I also suggest.

Everyone with an auto should read the articles on that website!!!! Its like the auto bible :angel:
I'd rather have my Auto then any of Fords crappy built 5-speeds. It can handle more HP and will last longer if properly cooled.

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:
Kiljosh said:

Everyone with an auto should read the articles on that website!!!! Its like the auto bible :angel:
I'd rather have my Auto then any of Fords crappy built 5-speeds. It can handle more HP and will last longer if properly cooled.

Maybe so ................but it will never be as fun to drive as a 5 or 6 speed on the street ! :hammer:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe so ................but it will never be as fun to drive as a 5 or 6 speed on the street ! :hammer:

Spoken like someone who has never driven an automatic that's built correctly.

It is opinion though, eveyone has they're preferance.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
COBRAGUY said:
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:
Kiljosh said:

eh you can up/down shift a built auto...but if I did ditch the auto it would only be for a D&D Viper Spec 6 Speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online