Hey guys, looking for some advice on replacing my front control arms.

Odyssey

Reaction score
I have a 97 gt, replacing my control arms. It's my first time taking on a repair of this level and I'd like some advice from people a bit more seasoned then me. I'm getting them from late model restoration with new hardware. what else is needed while I'm down there? what else is suggested since I'll be down there anyway? I'm sure there will be a few jokes, I'll take it in stride I have a great sense of humor and for those of you who are willing to share your knowledge I appreciate every bit of it.
VL7k1fp.jpg

nT84qOC.jpg

kenny150r

Reaction score
What's your end goal? If you're going to replace the arms, you can also look to replace your possibly worn out struts/shocks for a handling increase, since you will have to disconnect your struts anyways. Furthermore, ball joints can wear over time and need replacing after a while. If you're looking for a serious performance gain, you can always do full shocks, springs, ball joints and bushings! [emoji41]

Also, check your tie rod ends while you're down there. The dust boots can crack and cause wear and noise over time. Get an alignment when you're done!

OP
OP
O

Odyssey

Reaction score
It's my DD so I'm looking for durability and ride comfort. hopefully not having to go back down there for a little bit. Nothing that will break the bank though/

1bad95

Reaction score
Its pretty straight forward. Might Be a good time to get new rack bushings also as you will have to loosen the rack to pull the control arm bolts out.

Are you lowering the car also or keeping stock springs?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
If you don't want to go in there again ...

rack bushings
tie rod ends
shocks
brake pads/rotors
springs if you want a little drop

That should effectively rebuild the front end. Then do the rear too! :)

slow90coupe

Reaction score
My main question would be why are you replacing it in the first place? If you don't have any play in the balljoints or weird noises, I'd leave it alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online