hey guys, quick small small update...

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey well i went out and bought mcguires clay barring kit and i had no time today to do it, i just wanted to go ahead and buy it..

i did get out and do one little spot where my paint it really messed up though.. heres some pics.. im sure i can get it to look a lot better if i spend more time on it.. check it out.

P1010711.jpg

that is actually semi clean.. i washed the car yesterday and a bit of pollen and dust has built up on the car but you can still tell the difference in the paint by looking at the lower portion and then looking at the bad spot (passenger side, top of quarter panel)

P1010712.jpg

you can see how bad it looks.. reflection of the decklid (good part) and reflection of the bad area

P1010716.jpg

after claybar, paint cleaner, polish... :)

then i decided to go ahead and do this.. ive been thinking about it for a while now.. it didn't come out perfect, but im going to go back and fix it sometime when i get time.. hopefully this week!

P1010718.jpg

before

P1010720.jpg

after! :)

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
man the stang looks great man how did you do the cobra thin on the airbag?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wiped it down with some alcohol, then I got some painters tape and covered it, then used an x-acto (sp?) knife and cut around the letters.. then used some of my silver model paint and a brush!

im thinking about going and buying a very very fine brush from hobby lobby on a day i don't have to work and redoing it because up close, the paint doesn't look amazing. its sweet though IMO, im happy with it.

gt96stang

Reaction score
Looks good... the paint came out much better looking afterwards O0 O0

97blackgt

Reaction score
cool...looks like your paint shined up nice on that little spot u used it

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah it did.. it came out way way better.. you should see it in person.

i can't wait to get the whole car done.. i dont work thursday so i may was the car again since it rained a bit today and is supposed to rain tomorrow it think.. and then saturday, i get off work at noon, so i may try and get some stuff done to the car then.

and i cracked the little black piece that is under the windshield wipers and above the hood where the vents are.. i need to find me a new one and order it. may go to a junk yard but it might be hard.. are the v6 ones the same as the cobras? im not to sure that they are? iono the ridges might match up...

GaryG

Reaction score
looks awesome man, keep up the great work

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
hey man, turtle wax just came out with a liquid clay bar, may be worth the money. Looks great tho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online