Hey new here, help me pick new wheels/rims...

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy new rims and tires very soon and I was wondering what will look good on it (sizes etc.etc..) Heres a pic of it, I will get a better pic of it later on today but what do you think would look good with the green? Black or Chrome rims? Deep Dish? FR500s or Bullits or Saleens? Help! (Keep in mind that this is my first car too) I kinda wanna do a black/green like black rims (Fr500s maybe), tint the headlights and tail lights, etc but I dont know how that would look. What do you all think? Right now it has some kinda 17" rims with 245s on them that was on the car when I bought it. I kinda wanna do maybe a 285 or so in back...

Thanks ( And Yes I know it has mudflaps lol they will be coming off as soon as I get new rims )

DSCF0687.JPG

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh I was about to get ya for the mudflaps ;D ;D, any of the wheels you listed would look great. I just got a set of 18inch Hypercoated FR500's for my Cobra, I use to have chrome Bullitts but I always wanted the fr's so I got them. Some Black deepdish fr's would look great on your green color.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
oh I was about to get ya for the mudflaps ;D ;D, any of the wheels you listed would look great. I just got a set of 18inch Hypercoated FR500's for my Cobra, I use to have chrome Bullitts but I always wanted the fr's so I got them. Some Black deepdish fr's would look great on your green color.

+2 on the black fr's.. that would look sick man. get some 10"ers out back with minimum 285's.. i just bought my chrome 18" saleens (waitin for tires) and i love the look of them but on ur ride, id say go with the black fr's.. thatd be hott.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

+2 on the black fr's.. that would look sick man. get some 10"ers out back with minimum 285's.. i just bought my chrome 18" saleens (waitin for tires) and i love the look of them but on ur ride, id say go with the black fr's.. thatd be hott.

im waiting on my 2 front rims ( should be here by Friday) im useing my dr's I have on the Cobra now (decided aginst spending 500 for a new set when these are only 3 months old) and I'll go get a new set of rubber for the front as soon as the rims get here :banana: :banana:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

im waiting on my 2 front rims ( should be here by Friday) im useing my dr's I have on the Cobra now (decided aginst spending 500 for a new set when these are only 3 months old) and I'll go get a new set of rubber for the front as soon as the rims get here :banana: :banana:

!!!!! mannn lucky! i have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i have enough for tires!!! =[ but it will make it all the better when i get them on.. cant wait to see some pics of those hypercoated fr's man, they are giong to look awesomeee.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

Yep I think so too, my new wing will be here TODAY :banana: :banana: Im going to order my 03 Cobra bumper next week and have them both painted and put on at the same time and post before and after pics with the new wheels / Saleen wing / Cobra bumper and the inserts im getting from Mustang Bumper Inserts.........god shes going to be badddddddddddddddddddd :dancing6: :bunny3: :banana:

!!!!! mannn lucky! i have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i have enough for tires!!! =[ but it will make it all the better when i get them on.. cant wait to see some pics of those hypercoated fr's man, they are giong to look awesomeee.

yep, my saleen wing will be here today and im going to ford later this week to order my 03 Corba bumper. Im getting both of those painted and put on at the same time. I'll post before and after pics with the new wheels /Saleen wing/ and new Cobra rear bumper with the black chorme inserts im getting as well.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
areyou talkin about the "COBRA" letter inserts? i read about those black chrome inserts on either uprproducts.com or on that guys website who is #1 on stangnet. i wonder how they would look on my black cobra? man your car is giong to look sick. i loveeee the 03 front valence.. one my favorite mustang front ends besides my year model cobra front end. i like em both... and that saleeen wing! did you get the things that extend down the side of the quarter panel? (or do they all have those?)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
areyou talkin about the "COBRA" letter inserts? i read about those black chrome inserts on either uprproducts.com or on that guys website who is #1 on stangnet. i wonder how they would look on my black cobra? man your car is giong to look sick. i loveeee the 03 front valence.. one my favorite mustang front ends besides my year model cobra front end. i like em both... and that saleeen wing! did you get the things that extend down the side of the quarter panel? (or do they all have those?)

yea the web site is Mustangbumperinserts.com they have pics of the inserts on cars so you can see what they really look like. The black chrome on my red is :eek:, my Saleen wing is the S-281 for the newer models and its the one piece, I wasnt sure on getting the 3 piece kit until I called Downs Ford and made my order.......they didnt have the 3 piece kit in so they made the choice for me :D. I'll be posting pics as soon as everything is on, be looking in the lounge around the end of the month :)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah.. the three piece saleen on the newer mustangs is my favorite spoiler.. ill def be lookin for the pics. ima go check out those black chrome inserts, i may go buy me some after the tires.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
yeah.. the three piece saleen on the newer mustangs is my favorite spoiler.. ill def be lookin for the pics. ima go check out those black chrome inserts, i may go buy me some after the tires.

they look great.......kind of expensive though 125 for mine :-[ but Im getting them anyway :banana:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok so maybe i wont get the black chrome.. i havent had a chance to look at the prices yet. but 125!!? jeeeeez. lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
ok so maybe i wont get the black chrome.. i havent had a chance to look at the prices yet. but 125!!? jeeeeez. lol

I think that may be for just that style, other kinds may be less expensive :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definately chrome with your green paint.

browse the members rides and get a feel for which wheel you like best.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I really want the Black FR500's with the DD in back, but I was also digging the Chrome Saleens. Maybe I'll look into the Chrome FR500s. Ugh this is so hard :-\

fawcett

Reaction score
Black DD FR500s hands down, as stated (a couple of times) ditch the mud flaps asap. I really like the color of your car, that green is really nice but have you considered ditching the vinal as well? I think it would look much better with out the "graphics," stickers are for ricers and track only race cars. I think since you have a street car you should keep it looking that way, peel that stuff off man! Show us your cars inner beauty.

Ps sell those rims/tires to some import punk on ebay and let us know how much you got him to overpay for them, uggggghhhhhh those look gross. If you end up running into $$ problems and cant finance the new rims/tires then please get some wheel spacers! They are not that expensive.
18in tires are however expensive, so you could always settle for a 17in combo.
Another word of advice, I have polished aluminum cobra r's from AFS and they suck balls. Such a pain in the ass to keep clean and even after they are cleaned I know they are only 2 stops away from being black again. Go with chrome hypercoated or painted. Others on this site have purchased wheel sealer to seal their wheels. Ive reseached this myself and it turns out that the finish on our rims gets really beat up by brake dust and road debris. The stuff is affordable, cheaper than a tank of gas and from what I have heard it makes a world of a difference. I have never been able to hose the crap off of my rims, its been clean-let dry-clean-let dry-polish-polish-polish-polish then take it in because they'll be f-ed up in no time and the process has to repeat itself.

Sorry from the long post but listen to me, polished aluminum rims suck if you use them for your DD and if you have to go with them get them clear coated or Zoop sealed or something before you put tires on them.

Feel free to pm me with any q's
-fawcett

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
put up a photochop request, I'll chop it for ya.

the pic should be from the side, slight angle.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
fawcett said:
Black DD FR500s hands down, as stated (a couple of times) ditch the mud flaps asap. I really like the color of your car, that green is really nice but have you considered ditching the vinal as well? I think it would look much better with out the "graphics," stickers are for ricers and track only race cars. I think since you have a street car you should keep it looking that way, peel that stuff off man! Show us your cars inner beauty.

Ps sell those rims/tires to some import punk on ebay and let us know how much you got him to overpay for them, uggggghhhhhh those look gross. If you end up running into $$ problems and cant finance the new rims/tires then please get some wheel spacers! They are not that expensive.
18in tires are however expensive, so you could always settle for a 17in combo.
Another word of advice, I have polished aluminum cobra r's from AFS and they suck balls. Such a pain in the ass to keep clean and even after they are cleaned I know they are only 2 stops away from being black again. Go with chrome hypercoated or painted. Others on this site have purchased wheel sealer to seal their wheels. Ive reseached this myself and it turns out that the finish on our rims gets really beat up by brake dust and road debris. The stuff is affordable, cheaper than a tank of gas and from what I have heard it makes a world of a difference. I have never been able to hose the crap off of my rims, its been clean-let dry-clean-let dry-polish-polish-polish-polish then take it in because they'll be f-ed up in no time and the process has to repeat itself.

Sorry from the long post but listen to me, polished aluminum rims suck if you use them for your DD and if you have to go with them get them clear coated or Zoop sealed or something before you put tires on them.

Feel free to pm me with any q's
-fawcett

Thanks alot. I think Im def gonna go with the 18" Black FR500s. Would 18X10s with 285s on back work? And about the vinyl thing. I really want to take that off but I'm not sure how to do so. Do you have any tips?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yup, use sticker remover and a plastic razor blade. GooGone makes a kit you can get at most auto parts store for $4.55.

mongo

Reaction score
Fets, Do you know what brand your rocker stripes are? I want some.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
THanks everyone. Sorry Mongo I dont know what kinda they are, they where on the car when I bought it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online