Hey what's up with this radio harness.

anguem

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to replace this ancient alpine with a much newer alpine stereo and when I took out the harness so I can solder everything I found this mess. What's the deal with the two unused plugs on the left. Is this mess normal for a mach 460 setup.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Lol sorry thought I did.
85f08e63751ac0dc8ba98ab5db4fe4d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no it looks like someone spliced those in to plug into their deck. You can cut them off just be sure to insulate any copper showing.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
The funny thing is there is no pins in the plugs just a yellow plastic stop plate.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
So I can clip them off and solder into my new harness and won't affect the mach 460. How come I have read you need special shit for it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
most premium systems need more work to integrate into but the mach is simple with only a couple of differences. FYI we have seen a lot of the mach amps causing battery drain problems the past few years if you start to have any.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Ok another question how come all the 460 adapters I see have rca plugs on them and the harness I have doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are 2 different harnesses for the mach. 3 if you want to count the $50 harness with the potentiometers on it to knock the signal down.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot man. Hope to get everything together tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Ok well I found something that made me so pissed. Got my harness all soldered and plugged everything up only to find I randomly loose speaker channels and the audio plug from the 460 side has been hacked and put back together with butt connectors. Does this 460 harness easily unplug or am I doomed to cut it all apart to fix it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do you mean the stock harness in the car has been cut and reconnected or that the aftermarket harness that plugs into the stock harness in the dash? The factory mach harness will be a ***** to fix, if its the aftermarket that plugs into it not such a big deal.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
do you mean the stock harness in the car has been cut and reconnected or that the aftermarket harness that plugs into the stock harness in the dash? The factory mach harness will be a ***** to fix, if its the aftermarket that plugs into it not such a big deal.

Yep it's the stock 8 pin harness. Looks like I'm gonna have to solder everything real good since whoever did this was mentally retarded.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
That's what I prefer. Good thing gives me a legit reason to buy a butane soldering iron.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use to have one when I was installing full time and liked it for alarms and other small areas in the dash for sure. I would say not to go too cheap though as I have seen some really cheap POS that didn't last. At that time I was making good cash at the shop I was at so I got a snap on. Today I use a solder gun myself.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Yea I'm looking into a power probe they have good reviews and for $55 comes with a nice assortment of tips.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
I can roll them around in my hand and different speakers cut out.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online