Hey whats up?

OP
OP
D

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
So... a towing company here in town towed my Mustang illegally and is holding it hostage. I may or not ever be able to afford getting it back. So my plans are on hold.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So... a towing company here in town towed my Mustang illegally and is holding it hostage. I may or not ever be able to afford getting it back. So my plans are on hold.

Towed illegally??? Care to explain?? If it was illegal then get an attorney and get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
Towed illegally??? Care to explain?? If it was illegal then get an attorney and get it back.

Sure I'd love to. I parked it in front of my apartment, this company took it without giving the standard 24 hour notice, and is now charging me $30 a day in storage fees alone. I cannot get it until payday, which is now 6 days away so it sits there.
Would you get an attorney to save a $500 car from the impound lot?
As it stands it will be almost $700 just in storage fees. This company is also known for tacking on all sorts of other ludicrous fees on top just for fun so they can be assured you won't pay to get it back and then they send the car to auction after you've given up. (Their sole intention in the first place)
Would I if it was a $30,000 car... Certainly. Would I for a $500 car, no. It just doesn't make any sense at all.
I haven't given up yet but there is a limit. And I am rapidly approaching that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
even if you go plop down the money for an attorney today, he is not going to get your car out for free, today. All you can do is pay the fee, get the car out and then you can take them to court to try and get the fee back.

OP
OP
D

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
even if you go plop down the money for an attorney today, he is not going to get your car out for free, today. All you can do is pay the fee, get the car out and then you can take them to court to try and get the fee back.
I understand that.
Thanks .

carbuff

Reaction score
I would just go break $500 worth of their windows and call it a day. LOL.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sure I'd love to. I parked it in front of my apartment, this company took it without giving the standard 24 hour notice, and is now charging me $30 a day in storage fees alone. I cannot get it until payday, which is now 6 days away so it sits there.
Would you get an attorney to save a $500 car from the impound lot?
As it stands it will be almost $700 just in storage fees. This company is also known for tacking on all sorts of other ludicrous fees on top just for fun so they can be assured you won't pay to get it back and then they send the car to auction after you've given up. (Their sole intention in the first place)
Would I if it was a $30,000 car... Certainly. Would I for a $500 car, no. It just doesn't make any sense at all.
I haven't given up yet but there is a limit. And I am rapidly approaching that.

I’d do it just to stick it to the lot. Plus they will end up owing you the cost of your atty.

I had a legal battle with a lot in a similar situation. But everyone has their preferences on how they want to handle stuff.

Good luck.

OP
OP
D

DaddyWicked

Reaction score
I just plain gave up. $500 cars just aren't worth it. Plus, I'm thinking its more a blessing in disguise. The transmission was slipping, the entire front end was in need of a rebuild and I just don't have the finances or the time to fix a car that's just not worth fixing.
So with that I leave this forum. Unless or until I get a better/less problematic sn95.
It was fun.

lutter94

Reaction score
meme.jpg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I just plain gave up. $500 cars just aren't worth it. Plus, I'm thinking its more a blessing in disguise. The transmission was slipping, the entire front end was in need of a rebuild and I just don't have the finances or the time to fix a car that's just not worth fixing.
So with that I leave this forum. Unless or until I get a better/less problematic sn95.
It was fun.
Well all cars no matter what cost money , the older ones cost because of neglect or the owner did not care about it .
the ones in good shape will cost you simply because it was well kept or its considered a becoming close to being a classic and the newer ones over priced
it is all about what you want and how much money you want to put into it.
me I look at a 5 hundred dollar car that's becoming close to becoming a classic
hang on to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online