Hey....

19blockhead72

Reaction score
Just bought a 97 GT convertible, my first Mustang. I'm here for info to make my Mustang faster and more fun, same reason everybody else is here. Planning on doing a pi head swap, suspension, and maybe nitrous or blower. Just to start already did magniflow cat back, bbk x pipe, bbk upper and tb, and steeda cai. I have a set of 4.10 gears and j-mod laid out to due soon.

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
⬆️My buddy has two setting in his shop. I'll have to read up on the swap.

Reaction score
Lmr has a good write up as well as a member here on the site I think it's neverenuff. Not too sure but he did the swap. What exactly are your plans for the build? Know what numbers you want to make as well as what you want to use the car for a lot of us here on the site can lead you in the right direction

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
Not a hundred percent sure exactly what direction I'm going yet, haven't really even driven the car yet lol. I bought it with the intentions of building a really nasty street car that will lay down a constant mid 12 on the weekend.

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
For now I'm turning my attention to transmission and everything behind it. You can make all the power in the world but if you can't put it down it's useless.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! Good choice on the gears. Do you have any pictures of the car? We'd love to see what you have! :)

Witzy0070

Reaction score
If "nasty" is in the mid 12s for you then you will be happy with your car sooner than later! Welcome.

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
If "nasty" is in the mid 12s for you then you will be happy with your car sooner than later! Welcome.

Just being realistic. I have kids, a mortgage, and other projects. Got lots of baskets and only a few eggs.

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures aren't working. Try uploading to flickr or imgur or photobucket then posting the BB Code links. If you turn your editor into WYSIWYG then you will be able to just copy and paste pics into the site as well.

Mid 12's is honestly pretty easily attainable. My buddy had a PI motor and long tubes and a good foot and could cut 12.9. His car was a bit freakish, most people would be a low 13 with that.

A good stall, gears, and the upgrades you mentioned would get you really close. Don't forget to replace the bushings in the upper control arms and get good lower control arms.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Just being realistic. I have kids, a mortgage, and other projects. Got lots of baskets and only a few eggs.

Fair enough! I understand where you're coming from. It's better to have reasonable goal and be happy. Welcome.

OP
OP
19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Reaction score
Pictures aren't working. Try uploading to flickr or imgur or photobucket then posting the BB Code links. If you turn your editor into WYSIWYG then you will be able to just copy and paste pics into the site as well.

Mid 12's is honestly pretty easily attainable. My buddy had a PI motor and long tubes and a good foot and could cut 12.9. His car was a bit freakish, most people would be a low 13 with that.

A good stall, gears, and the upgrades you mentioned would get you really close. Don't forget to replace the bushings in the upper control arms and get good lower control arms.

It's been a long time since I've been on a forum and forgot about posting pictures. I've got a photobucket account, just haven't used it in like five years.

The rear is my first focus, control arms, connectors, gears, and such. It will give me time to find and gather up all the engine goodies.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Their is a tutorial somewhere on here cant seem to find it. - To sum it up quickly, Photobucket gives you a "direct link" to copy and paste here using the image button as you tried to do.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
12 seconds is still a pretty quick car!