Hi from Australia - 2001 SVT Cobra

Horus Works

Reaction score
Hi all, good to be on board! :cool:

I recently bought a 2001 SVT Cobra here is Australia. Yes, it's a right hand drive Mustang!

Check it out here if you like guys - I make a couple of vids showing off the car:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Well thats good post the pictures
I like to see more of it
And I know guys on this site would like to see it

OP
OP
Horus Works

Horus Works

Reaction score
Well thats good post the pictures
I like to see more of it
And I know guys on this site would like to see it
Thanks a lot RAU03MACH here are some pics - I appreciate the warm welcome. Check out the second video especially - I go through all the little quirks on an Australian SVT Cobra.

Attachments

• IMG_5288.JPG
    IMG_5288.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5293.JPG
    IMG_5293.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 5

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
OK.....hang on here! ....did ford literally make a mirrored copy right hand drive mustang? Mirrored meaning our mustangs engine bay is swapped? Steering shaft, rack and pinion, hydroboost, abs motor unit, etc? I gotta see this!

Can you take some engine pics?

OP
OP
Horus Works

Horus Works

Reaction score
OK.....hang on here! ....did ford literally make a mirrored copy right hand drive mustang? Mirrored meaning our mustangs engine bay is swapped? Steering shaft, rack and pinion, hydroboost, abs motor unit, etc? I gotta see this!

Can you take some engine pics?

Yes that's right 96blak54 - the debate is on, but the numbers seem to be about 250 RHD Mustangs ever sold around 2001/2002. Ford Australia did the conversions and sent them worldwide. Check out this video I made about the car - it is far more detailed than any pics I can share:

OP
OP
Horus Works

Horus Works

Reaction score
Thats insane! But i love it! All that extra engineering!
Yes it's amazing the amount of work they did for 250 units. I now also hear that our steering racks are a Frankenstein creation. Due to clearance they had to ditch the US rack, and use a European one from a Ford Fiesta out of all things, with the rack ends from an Australian Ford Falcon. It's going to be fun if I ever need a replacement for one of those o_O

92wastheyear

Reaction score
Cool car and cool video. Bummer that you missed out on that "Gone in 60 Seconds" promo

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Woa dont see too many from down under! That is awesome!

Front bumper on those have always been crazy. Still cant decide if I love them or not but damn are they unique

Welcome to the forums!

OP
OP
Horus Works

Horus Works

Reaction score
Woa dont see too many from down under! That is awesome!

Front bumper on those have always been crazy. Still cant decide if I love them or not but damn are they unique

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks a lot mate, yes the front bumper is a little busy, but it is growing on me :)

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal ! Car looks super clean, at least the exterior (I admit I didn’t watch the entire video). I think you’re on to a unique and sought-after project there in Australia. Hope you have a great time with the process!

Cheers!

OP
OP
Horus Works

Horus Works

Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal ! Car looks super clean, at least the exterior (I admit I didn’t watch the entire video). I think you’re on to a unique and sought-after project there in Australia. Hope you have a great time with the process!

Cheers!

Thanks a lot Daryl, I appreciate your welcome. Here's hoping the Stang project is rewarding! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5300.JPG
    IMG_5300.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online