Hi from Gothenburg, Sweden

TRS666

Reaction score
Just got my second new edge here in Sweden. The first i had was a auto 2003 GT Convertible i bought 2005 while working at Volvo Arizona Proving groungs in Wittmann, AZ. Took it with me to Sweden when we moved back 2008 but sold it 2014. Now i got a 2001 5 speed GT Convertible, same colour as the previous one.
IMG_7832.jpg

This car is delivered new in Phoenix and later in San Diego before exported to Sweden 2008. I don't know if folks in US are aware of this but Mustangs were not officially imported to Europe by Ford before 2017, all are grey or private imports so not so common.
Some stuff already done, wheels, chin spoiler, CAI, Diablo handheld with tune, B&C coil overs all round and camber/caster plates. 80000 miles and runs OK.
Will be doing some stuff with it, beginning with Redlinegoods shift & brake boot, armrest cover and they will redo the steering wheel with new cover and thumb grips.
Next will be MM upper and lower control arms. Then some interior billet, list goes on...
Have to take this little by little, everything has to be ordered from US an not cheap after shipping, customs, taxes etc.
Lots of knowledge on this forum, just joined the facebook one also even if FB is not really my thing.
///Tommi S.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you’ve got a really solid base to start with and that important. It’s neat to see these cars in places where they typically do not live. Make sure to keep us updated with pictures of the build.

OP
OP
TRS666

TRS666

Reaction score
Thanks, will do.
It won't be much of a build though, just to get handling and appearance acceptable.
The rear axle is all over the place with 20+ year old bushings, bumpers, hood and bonnet have to be repainted, looks the paint on the plastic parts did not take the AZ sun so well, all metal panels look really good.
Would be nice with a blower but not sure they will pass the yearly inspection here.
Have to investigate that.
///Tommi S.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I lived in chandler/gilbert at that same time(from '00-09) working for intel. It was fun to see the 05 mustang around from time to time with the crazy cammo paint prior to its release. Seems like a hell of a change going from phoenix to sweeden. I am not sure how long you spent in the desert but after my 9 years, 13 years after I left I still enjoy a rainy/cloudy day.

OP
OP
TRS666

TRS666

Reaction score
We lived at Arrowhead Lakes in Glendale for 3 years. I worked as a field test engineer for Volvo Cars, Volvo was owned by Ford during those years. Tested "mules" for the coming Y20 platform cars. Had some 30 drivers driving the test vehicles there.
I am happy to have been there for those years, kids were small, not school age yet, but they picked up the language easily. That said i would not choose the desert to live in permanently, more used to the 4 seasons wee have here enven if the winter can be frustrating!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it takes a strange person to really appreciate and love the desert but that would not be the first time I have been called strange. I didn't want to move away but I was single chasin tail back then.

chithead

Reaction score
That is awesome! A very beautiful Mustang you've chosen!

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
Wow.. I bet you get a lot of looks and comments over there being not so common?

OP
OP
TRS666

TRS666

Reaction score
Yes, lots of thumps up and comments. Just looked and there are only 5 new edges for sale in Sweden now. The 2017+ cars are more common now that Ford started selling them here but nobody here buys a Mustang as a DD, they are all hobby cars.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great intro! Welcome to the Forum! Also, very sharp looking vert. Looking forward to hearing from you more.
Cheers from The Left Coast, USA!

OP
OP
TRS666

TRS666

Reaction score
Thanks. The vert is what you could call a 10 feet car. Looks nice from 10 feet but both bumpers, hood and bootlid need repaint. Fenders and doors are really good. The seats are white and show their age. Need a good clean or redye. Steering wheel is now at Redlinegoods in Poland for new skin with thumb grips. Ordered new boots for e-brake, center armrest and shifter to match.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. The vert is what you could call a 10 feet car. Looks nice from 10 feet but both bumpers, hood and bootlid need repaint. Fenders and doors are really good. The seats are white and show their age. Need a good clean or redye. Steering wheel is now at Redlinegoods in Poland for new skin with thumb grips. Ordered new boots for e-brake, center armrest and shifter to match.
Love to see some pictures as you go…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online