Hi! Just got myself a 96 Cobra here in Sweden

OP
OP
Benne02

Benne02

Reaction score
They are pretty expensive here too...well it's expensive to be cool anyway haha

I plan to get something like 305 or 315s for the rear too...but need to save some $

I really like this guys's setup on 98 Cobra: https://musclecardna.com/laser-red-1998-ford-mustang-cobra-sn95-with-eibach-lowering-springs.html

He runs
  • Rear tire 315/35r17
  • Front tire 245/45r17
Boy do those look good ;)
Oh yeah! I've seen that Mustang before, looks real MEAT-YYY with that rear setup, *drooling*.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the very first time I put the deep dish wheels with 315s on the back I was rewarded with a compliment as I got out at the store. Makes all the difference and this was just with a set of deep dish black bullet wheels but WAY back in 2003. Do something a little crazy like my 19" ROH modena's and you definitely get looks, some you like and some you don't....
x00Rpxm.jpg

OP
OP
Benne02

Benne02

Reaction score
the very first time I put the deep dish wheels with 315s on the back I was rewarded with a compliment as I got out at the store. Makes all the difference and this was just with a set of deep dish black bullet wheels but WAY back in 2003. Do something a little crazy like my 19" ROH modena's and you definitely get looks, some you like and some you don't....
View attachment 20826
Cool car! Does not look like your average sn95 for sure, it's wild, I like it. Would love to put a ducktail spoiler on mine as well, and the side exhaust must sound crazy while driving... The wheels I just put on my car does make it stick out a little more since it's not the most common color combination, and that might bring some attention with it as well.

Biggy98Cobra

Reaction score
View attachment 20826
It looks awesome man!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
The Cobra R is really badass, which one do you prefer? I live in the most southern part of Sweden, almost in Denmark, but I’ve been to Stockholm and Hudiksvall myself. Hudiksvall seemed to have fun roads, but I didn’t drive around much.

I do get looks, but that’s partly because it’s really really loud at the moment.
Yeah, a loud exhaust gets a lot of attention.
The thing I like most about the Cobra R is having a 351W to start with. I didn't need to worry about things like accessory brackets or a taller hood.
Regarding my '96 Cobra, I really loved the Mystic paint, the Mach 460 sound system, the leather interior, etc. The Mystic paint got a lot of attention.
My other '95 R was #191/250. That's the Jason Priestley (the actor) #46 car that he ran in IMSA Grand Sports (GS) and Motorola Cup. He got out prior to that becoming Grand Am Cup. That's when I bought it from him. I sold that car, which now belongs to Ron Bramlett of Mustangs Plus. Those IMSA cars got straight pipes, no mufflers at all, just a Y and a single side-exit oval. That car LOVED Sears Point (now Sonoma).
It's unlikely I'll get to drive there in Sweden. I don't think my boss even plans to rent a car, but I'm lobbying for him to get us one. My hope is to get to see the northern lights. That would check off one of my bucket list items.
Be careful in your Mustang on those slick roads there. These cars have plenty of power to get you into trouble real quickly. Cheers!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
The Cobra R is really badass, which one do you prefer? I live in the most southern part of Sweden, almost in Denmark, but I’ve been to Stockholm and Hudiksvall myself. Hudiksvall seemed to have fun roads, but I didn’t drive around much.

I do get looks, but that’s partly because it’s really really loud at the moment.
Yes, a loud exhaust will do that. I get lots of dirty looks from soccer moms 8^)
I put an aluminum flywheel on mine so it revs up and down wicked fast. Hearing it through that SPD exhaust is just music to my ears. Right after I got this car back on the road after almost 8 years I took my son for a drive out into the countryside and really had a chance to open it up for the first time. It was hot outside so we had the windows down. When we stopped at a stop sign my son turned to me (he was about 15 at the time) and said "You know dad, I think every car should sound like this" I agree. That sound, however, does not come cheap. Twenty years ago that exhaust system set me back $14K and took SPD 8 months to build. I'm afraid to think what it would cost today.
The things I loved about my '96 Cobra were the Mystic paint, the Mach 460 sound system, power windows, A/C and the leather seats. What really attracted me to the Cobra R was the fact that it came with a 351W. I wanted to build a really fast (modern) Mustang and I just couldn't see doing that with the 32V 4.6. There were just no aftermarket parts for that engine at the time. Front mounted centrifugal superchargers were about the only option. The 351W, on the other hand, has almost unlimited potential due to massive aftermarket support. I figured; what better foundation to build upon?

OP
OP
Benne02

Benne02

Reaction score
Yes, a loud exhaust will do that. I get lots of dirty looks from soccer moms 8^)
I put an aluminum flywheel on mine so it revs up and down wicked fast. Hearing it through that SPD exhaust is just music to my ears. Right after I got this car back on the road after almost 8 years I took my son for a drive out into the countryside and really had a chance to open it up for the first time. It was hot outside so we had the windows down. When we stopped at a stop sign my son turned to me (he was about 15 at the time) and said "You know dad, I think every car should sound like this" I agree. That sound, however, does not come cheap. Twenty years ago that exhaust system set me back $14K and took SPD 8 months to build. I'm afraid to think what it would cost today.
The things I loved about my '96 Cobra were the Mystic paint, the Mach 460 sound system, power windows, A/C and the leather seats. What really attracted me to the Cobra R was the fact that it came with a 351W. I wanted to build a really fast (modern) Mustang and I just couldn't see doing that with the 32V 4.6. There were just no aftermarket parts for that engine at the time. Front mounted centrifugal superchargers were about the only option. The 351W, on the other hand, has almost unlimited potential due to massive aftermarket support. I figured; what better foundation to build upon?
I also do get some angry looks... I live in a small town, about 2500 people, and I think I'll get famous with the current setup. I do want to put a pair of mufflers on though, it's a tad too loud. 14k for an exhaust sounds crazy. I think the 32V will suit my needs perfectly as I don't have to modify it to get power and beat my friends LT1 camaro, heh. We've yet to race though. I do think the Cobra R is cooler due to it's rarity, I don't think there is a single one in Sweden.

SN95.oh

Reaction score
I have to imagine it is fun to have a car like that there for the reactions/looks. When we got our 94 gt it was the 2nd one of the new generation in a small midwest town and for the first few months it was like driving a Ferrari around the way people would look and react to it.
Too Funny!!! When I was growing up in a Small Vermont town my dad had an 1984 911 carrera in black...only one for miles upon miles...kids would chase the car down the street screaming, people would drool. The car was 9 years old at the time, and what people never realized was how cheap these cars were back then. He paid $15k I believe in 1993

That same year, a family friend who is more like a second son to my dad stopped by with his brand new 1993 Mustang GT coupe 5 speed with chrome pony wheels...thus started the obsession.

A few years later my dad got a new ford explorer (1996) in the showroom, Mystic Cobra coupe and a Black GT convertible...thats when the real obsession started. My father was on the X plan for ford as a main supplier of gear shapers and lathes. My dream was to get a new mustang thru this program.

Great forum guys, keep up the amazing work

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Crash scene responders got tired of trying to move cars with flattened tires so they bandaided it with these. Adds a layer of protection between sheet metal and tire, specifically from rear-end collisions.

I'll be flying out to Stockholm on the 9th of March (a week from today). I'm going a couple of days early so I can get my clock synchronized and do some touristy kinda stuff before my training starts on the 13th. I'd prefer to not be fighting to stay awake when I'm supposed to be learning. We plan to have dinner at the Aifur restaurant (Aifur | Restaurant). They serve traditional Viking food. That is one of the few cuisines that the SF Bay Area does NOT have. I can't wait. We wanted to have drinks at the ICE BAR, but it is booked throughout March 8^( Unfortunately I will probably not be doing any driving there. We will have a rental car, but no reason for me to drive it.
I loved my '96 Mystic. The colors really wowed people. Of course it had all the creature comforts that the '95 R has none of. On a road course there is no comparison. My R has seen intense modifications so it is very fast and light. It could be lighter since I still have a full interior. I just can't bring myself to stripping the interior.
Unlike some here I have ONE Mustang, not three or four or more. I have had many over the years though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online