Hicks' First engine build.

Suspect

Reaction score
thats awesome u and ur pops are doing that together. O0

just looking at the pics makes u wanna build a motor. 8)

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Suspect said:
thats awesome u and ur pops are doing that together. O0

just looking at the pics makes u wanna build a motor. 8)

Took a while man...
The engine went through alot of part changes haha..
first a 302...
then a 306
then he got mad and said FINE 347
haha.. :p
Love him to death!

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
well its good you love you pops..... if you want this to be a sticky i think you should take alot of pics and maybe Dalamar will make it a sticky O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool your building it with your dad!
Looks good so far.

you may wanna check - sometimes the pistons are directional, make sure they're facing the right way.

Keep us updated!

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Well we are trying our best to take our time, Because this is our first time messing with a car engine, Eternaly wife.
And theres SOOOO much to it. But everything is going slowly but surely.

Thanks Dalamar for everything ya did for me man!! ^_^ If i get to meetup with yall at a meet sometime we gota chill and have us a coke lol :drunk:

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Just some more pics

I like teh blue!
IM002466.jpg

IM002468.jpg

^_^

I hope the engine does good. we don't got the best of the best. But I reccon, with a strong hand and good prayer the engine will be what it is sapposed to be.

Reaction score
hey i had used 1.6 rr in my old 347 and they worked fine i got them for a 100 bucks. but they didn't clear the valve covers so make sure you get some different valve covers.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
Hicks your a nice guy you say a prayer for everything.... i am also very religious O0

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
Hicks your a nice guy you say a prayer for everything.... i am also very religious O0

Thanks, I can't stress anough how God can be involved in enything. It's just where your heart it.

Well, i've been stressed alot lately over this. My tranny went out on my the other day and i was stangless. And 300 bucks put me back a few weeks on the Heads. But maby God will find a way to repay the money. If im lucky my Hope Scholership will cover it. But God took my mistake on my tranny *i choose to fix the wrong thing* and then blessed me with something. And now my tranny runs perfect. He blessed me abundantly. But im stressed over the E303 cam, but i can't do enything about it now. If i need a better cam i'll have to go back later and fix it.
But yea thats'a whats been up lately!
The stang is back up and running tonight. Thanks the Lord!

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Pics for no reason!!

IM002598.jpg

IM002600.jpg

IM002599.jpg

And me on my new guitar! Fender Rulez
IM002593a.jpg

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
kool man god has done wonders for me since my sister passed away hes making my days easier without him i dont know where i would be i know i woudlnt be here talking to you guys thats for sure

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
kool man god has done wonders for me since my sister passed away hes making my days easier without him i dont know where i would be i know i woudlnt be here talking to you guys thats for sure

Im sorry to hear she passed. But im glad He could pull you through it~ You'll never regret fallowing God.

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
I mean the brand (who makes them?)

Ford racing is where we got them, or well from a dealership >.<

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Guys we will be working on the engine soon!!! It got held up because dad was bowling in a state all-stars turny and we have been busy.
But we are going to figure out the gapping on the rings and then we will be in buisness with getting the engine together.
We havn't ordered the AFR185cc heads yet because my check hasnt come in for 500 dollers, once it does, they should be on the way.
After that we will probly get us a trickflow intake upper and lower, and then start working on all the small stuff.

Im just alittle stressed with school and all. But yall are awesome to talk to! I wanna thank everyone for the help, and ENY advice AT ALL!! is a big thanks. Because me and dad are learning how to build this engine as we go!!

thanks for the sapport, and i hope i can do a good job being yalls pastor haha...
17 year old keeping a bunch of old men in line right? :thumb:
Love you guys

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It will be a fun project,
ask away as you go, I'm sure we'll help out where we can.

Note - Meet up with Hicks for a Coke - got it Bro. :)

No worries, just keep it real.
Truth is truth, no matter the source.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online