HID flash to pass feature not working.

spfthane

Reaction score
I just wanted to start off by saying I've had my account on here for a little while and have learned a great deal about our cars through it.

Recently I purchased an HID kit after reading up on here of everyone's experiences with them. I bought the 35w 4300K Bi-Xenon DDM Tuning kit and I absolutely love it. However I'm having one problem with it and it honestly has be upside down...

When I originally wired up the pigtail harness that has the ground, hi, and low i had it reversed so that my hi beams were on instead of my low beams and when I engaged the Hi's the low's would switch. My flash to pass feature worked at this time. I switched the blue and white wires around and this gave me the lo's on the low beams and the highs when I pushed the trigger towards the dash. But when I pull the lever towards me with the headlights on, the high beam indicator comes on but the light beam doesn't change. If I turn the lights off and pull the lever the lights turn on.

If anyone has a solution, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

OP
OP
spfthane

spfthane

Reaction score
Do you think it might just be a defect with what ever switches the lo's and hi's? I'm not concerned about it but it does get annoying at night.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what kit you have but if you have a bixenon kit you can't have both the low/high on at the same time.

OP
OP
spfthane

spfthane

Reaction score
So if I'm driving with my lo beams on, I would need to push my multi function lever back to to flash them instead of pull them? It's just DDM Tunings normal kit I believe.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes on the bi-xenon kits they have a small reflector that moves into place to block the light, there isn't two separate filaments like on a standard halogen light so to get the high beam you will need to push it forward.

OP
OP
spfthane

spfthane

Reaction score
fair enough. i actually need to adjust my lights because they're pointed at the ground.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you have not done the fog light mod then the fog lights will turn off with the high beams when its pushed forward.

OP
OP
spfthane

spfthane

Reaction score
The stock fog wiring was eaten by mice when the car was sitting, so I ended up wiring up a set of cheap projectors that work decent. I think they look ok, what about you guys?
101_1703_zps6bf57439.jpg.html

and with the HID's
102_1851_zps65458795.jpg.html

101_1703_zps6bf57439.jpg.html

*Edit, not sure how to get my pictures to show up but if I click on them they go to the link...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online