HID lights?

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
What does this mean? I see it all the time but I really do not know! I have Sylvania BrightStars is all I know. Thanks.

Is it an actual bulb, the headlight itself, I do not know.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
HID=High Instensity Discharge lightining wich replaces the filament of the light bulb with a capsule of gas and they require ballasts, which supply proper voltage and control current. The amount of light produced is greater than a standard halogen bulb, while consuming less power, and more closely approximating the color temperature of natural daylight.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, I am still not sure. This is a bulb, right? I am trying!!

Give me a brand of one I can Google to find out about, if you can.

Thanks!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What fets said.

Its a bulb and a ballist, which produces more current than a standard bulb plug.
do a search for HID kits and you'll find plenty.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Trust me, you have seen them before. They are in most new mercedes, bmw, lexus etc. they appear to illuminate a really bright white light. unlike the traditional yellowish glow. don't get them confused with say piaa super white's. although the piaa's will produce a white beam, they will be no where close to the intesity of the HID's. I think american muscle has an HID kit for our cars.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
Trust me, you have seen them before. They are in most new mercedes, bmw, lexus etc. they appear to illuminate a really bright white light. unlike the traditional yellowish glow. don't get them confused with say piaa super white's. although the piaa's will produce a white beam, they will be no where close to the intesity of the HID's. I think american muscle has an HID kit for our cars.

Thanks, I needed an example!! Now I know.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Oh, it just hit me!! The lights I cuss at when I meet up with them because they are so bright!!! Yep, now gotta have them. Thanks!!

Bodezafa

Reaction score
American muscle does have them but they want $220 for them? Is that the going rate for a good set?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online