HID project I might attempt

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
cant you just buy projector headlights for the mustang and then put in HIDs?

r_suh

Reaction score
i have been tempted as well. have a few friends with some new h.i.d kits and i am liking the bright light at night. might be a mod i would attempt in the future. maybe even on the stockers to see how well i can install one.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
r_suh said:
i have been tempted as well. have a few friends with some new h.i.d kits and i am liking the bright light at night. might be a mod i would attempt in the future. maybe even on the stockers to see how well i can install one.

do it, then maybe i can get ballzy enough to cut up my headlights

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea id test it on my stock lights first too.

did your budys retrofit it or just toss in the new bulbs/ballasts in their stock housing like the mustang kits?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
very interesting write up. HID's would be nice but i hate projectors so i will keep this in mind thats for sure

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Looks way to complicated for me...Good Results though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like this way also because then you can install a quality projector lense and not the cheap ones that come in the projector headlight kits. A guy on Stangnet did this and got the parts from a crashed up Audi...he used the lenses and fit them on his stock housings...he didn't take pics though. San-Man on stangnet is also doing something like this on his new edge.

lrall

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I like this way also because then you can install a quality projector lense and not the cheap ones that come in the projector headlight kits. A guy on Stangnet did this and got the parts from a crashed up Audi...he used the lenses and fit them on his stock housings...he didn't take pics though. San-Man on stangnet is also doing something like this on his new edge.
can you post a link?? i tried to search but couldnt find anything, thanks

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im going to do this when I get home, first practice on my old headlights then dive into my smoked. I also dislike the look of the projector headlights, plus a good point with them is you couldnt AIM the hid...thats the main problem, aming the HID properly is key and hard to do.

r_suh

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
yea id test it on my stock lights first too.

did your budys retrofit it or just toss in the new bulbs/ballasts in their stock housing like the mustang kits?
no retrofit. just plug and play. one buddy has it installed in his civic with no projecters and just in the stock headlight housing and they look pretty good. the light is scattered though since there is no projecter to aim and project the light. but all in all it looks killer. once i find a post or something in that nature of how to install one i will buy a kit and try to attempt it. it doesn't look to complicated at all.

can't wait to blind on comers lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.