Hidden/Less Conspicuous Tail Pipes

JKady

Reaction score
I recently went from a 20 mile commute to a 70 mile commute, which means stuff I was okay with like my car being ear-splittingly loud inside kinda sucks. My current exhaust is a Bassani O/R X pipe and Pro-Dumps, I love how it sounds, but in a car with little interior and no sound deadening it is obnoxious after you spend a couple hours a day in it. So, obvious choice is run tail pipes BUT I can't stand the giant polished tip/pipe look, just not my thing, I like my exhaust to be heard and not seen.

Anyone have pics ideas on a nice hidden set of tails? I was thinking have em tucked as tight as possible and end before the bumper with some turn downs and then slather em in black header paint to minimize their visibility. Are there any pre-bent pieces on the market that aren't polished? I'm pretty confident I could modify an off the shelf setup to my liking but all I find are the mirror polished jobs.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Flat black tail pipes are becoming popular. I like the looks of black pipes, but easy to get dirty/ ugly looking. Just as a flat black painted car, your running through the car wash daily to sport the look as fresh as possible.

chris91

Reaction score
Id just run it over the rear end like usual and have it dump after the rear end. Kinda like so but cut them further up so you cant see them and make sure they are pointed downward.

56506d1228785100-custom-exhaust-1995-mustang-gt-rear.jpg

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
Flat black tail pipes are becoming popular. I like the looks of black pipes, but easy to get dirty/ ugly looking. Just as a flat black painted car, your running through the car wash daily to sport the look as fresh as possible.

I'm talking about flat blacking anything you could see of the pipes from the sides/through the wheel well exactly so that they'll get dirty and blend into the bottom of the car. My car is lucky if it gets washed more than 2-3 times a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online