HIDs.. Clear up my confusion/curiousity please.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have projector headlights on my 95. The bulbs they came with are decently bright. I want a set of HIDs and was looking at a kit from DDM Tuning, 35W, 5000K. The way the headlights I have now have a harness that plugs into the car body harness, and the other end has a low beam and high beam bulb.. Now since that one harness holds both bulbs, would I need two seperate hid kits? How do they get wired up? I have no clue what to do.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
First of all, +10 for DDM! I've ordered many kits from them, they are a great company to buy from and back up there lifetime warranty.
Second, so we're clear, your headlights come with two bulbs for high and low, and have their own separate harness that pluflgs into your factory harness?
And for headlights, I would get 55w. I use 55w in all of my vehicles and run 35w in my foglights. Personal preference though.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
First of all, +10 for DDM! I've ordered many kits from them, they are a great company to buy from and back up there lifetime warranty.
Second, so we're clear, your headlights come with two bulbs for high and low, and have their own separate harness that pluflgs into your factory harness?
And for headlights, I would get 55w. I use 55w in all of my vehicles and run 35w in my foglights. Personal preference though.

Yeah man I've heard nothing but positive things about them for a long time. Lifetime warranty too. Yeah my headlights have a low beam bulb, and a high beam bulb. Each headlight has one single harness, but both the low beam and high beam bulbs are attached to the single harness. I might look into the 55W since that's whats in these lights now.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you'll run the HIDs only in your low beams and when you kick your highs it should turn on the other bulbs. I'd run it with a relay, you won't use the low beam socket on the far side.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there have been issues with the 55W kits getting hot enough to melt some housings, the 35W kit is more then enough. A relay kit is recommended for our cars or we tend to have issues with the ABS warning light coming on.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that, so guess I can't really say what you would have to do lol sorry. You could call DDM and ask someone, they seem pretty helpful...we called em from work today for a project actually.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
there have been issues with the 55W kits getting hot enough to melt some housings, the 35W kit is more then enough. A relay kit is recommended for our cars or we tend to have issues with the ABS warning light coming on.

Hmm.. I'll stick with the 35 than to play it safe, they'll still be nice and bright. I'm getting lost really quickly here.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you really want to do it right you should get some kind of projector system as that is what HIDs are designed to work in.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
This or the HID could simply blow... like mine did..

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm.. I'll stick with the 35 than to play it safe, they'll still be nice and bright. I'm getting lost really quickly here.

get the kit for the lights they are replacing, in this case the low beams so 9006 kit. should work no problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online