HIDs no high beams

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive vey done both also. The HID bulb which is not made for a halogen housing just scatters. It appears to throw more light out and it does. But the effectiveness isn't there. The proper halogen bulb will produce more effective light pattern.

the definition of an effective headlight would be how well it lets you see at night. It is not even up for discussion that the HIDs in my smoked housings allow me to see better at night than the previous halogen bulbs. It's not even questionable. are HIDs in halogen housings ideal? of course not, everyone knows that. But saying they aren't as effective is completely inaccurate. they allow me to see 10x better at night than the halogen bulbs did.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
An hid bulb is still better then a halogen bulb in a halogen housing , regardless of scatter the light output is still better

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the definition of an effective headlight would be how well it lets you see at night. It is not even up for discussion that the HIDs in my smoked housings allow me to see better at night than the previous halogen bulbs. It's not even questionable. are HIDs in halogen housings ideal? of course not, everyone knows that. But saying they aren't as effective is completely inaccurate. they allow me to see 10x better at night than the halogen bulbs did.
I would add to your definition of "effective" that it would not blind/annoy other drivers which is the biggest if the not the only complaint about HIDs. Brighter, yes they are but often to the point that everyone facing you is rolling their eyes going "Oh its that kid that threw HIDs into his standard housing and tells us all to suck it"....... I say kid not as an insult at your age/intelligence but because its generally assumed that any adult with experience driving has thought this to themselves over the years and would not blind other drivers because they put the wrong light in the wrong housing. I know you will tell me that you never get flashed, or very rarely but the chances are........

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would add to your definition of "effective" that it would not blind/annoy other drivers which is the biggest if the not the only complaint about HIDs. Brighter, yes they are but often to the point that everyone facing you is rolling their eyes going "Oh its that kid that threw HIDs into his standard housing and tells us all to suck it"....... I say kid not as an insult at your age/intelligence but because its generally assumed that any adult with experience driving has thought this to themselves over the years and would not blind other drivers because they put the wrong light in the wrong housing. I know you will tell me that you never get flashed, or very rarely but the chances are........

Good then I guess there's no sense in me responding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online