HIDs

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Sup guys.. just bought black cobra headlights off AM.. looking to add some HIDs before I install them... anybody know where I can buy some really good ones that wont blow my headlights up lol
thanks in advance.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
technically it will not hurt him much, now you, me and everyone facing him that is a different story.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure to get a 55w kit possibly with hi AND low just in case you need to blind you enemies on the road.

And fwiw, HID kits from ebay work just fine. Just read the reviews first. There's not much that goes into making them so they're pretty hard to screw up. I've ownder 3 pairs, all of which I paid no more than $25 for, and they all worked fine.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
well I remember when I went from regular bulbs to HIDs in my cobra it made a real nice difference for what I see... but on ddmtuning.com going with a 55W kit.. what bulb type is the right 1 to pick? since there seem to be 40 to choose from lol and "white" is what number again? 8k? i don't really remember..

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
5-6K is typically white. 5K will be pretty damn close to white and 6K will have a small hint of blue.

HID-Color-Chart.jpg

I believe the bulb series is 9007 for the headlights.

Ballistic

Reaction score
I just installed a Diamond White 9007 55W 6000K 12V Bi-Xenon HID kit in some new cobra style headlights in mine just had to modify the headlight clip to make them fit around the HID bulb itself, got the kit on ebay like every other pair i have gotten, and have yet to have a problem, i even put the same 6000k in my fog lights on both my F150 and Mustang..

EDIT forgot to put the ebay link i buy from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-Lo-Beam-...12V-Bi-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-/271474272842

9umthpn.png

(best pic i had was with my truck)

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
He asked about brands and places to buy HIDs. Not anyone's opinion on sticking an hid in a halogen housing.

I have 55w 6000k HIDs in my black cobra housings... And 35w 4300k HIDs in my amber housings, which gives it more of a 3000k look.
Got the ballasts for the headlights from [MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION], not sure what brand, and my bulbs and battery harness of eBay.
Foglights I got from [MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] I believe... Not sure where he got them.
Here's a few pictures in different lighting.
sFqtiDs.jpg

VDG9g8s.jpg

hgXJXf8.jpg

JZDoJ6h.jpg

lU7hvjX.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
[MENTION=18995]FivepointSlow[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] that's exactly what I was looking for and needed to know... not gonna do fogs right now so on ddmtuning 55w 9007 hi/low beam 6k color says $60 ... do i need any of the brackets? harnesses? error eliminator? or adapter cables that they offer for extra???

and [MENTION=19732]Ballistic[/MENTION] the link says it isn't compatible for my car, when u modified it... how easy/hard was it? how did you do it?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Make sure it comes with the harness that connects to the battery. Otherwise you'll melt a harness or like me you'll blow a bulb..
I stuck my ballasts onto the bak of my bumper support.. The one with the foam in it. My fogs flopped off because I used cheap indoor 3m tape on them... Or you cnq just shove them behind your headlights. Not recommended but it works.

You can also make a bracket out if sheet metal. I wouldn't buy any pre made ones.. So easy to make.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Make sure it comes with the harness that connects to the battery. Otherwise you'll melt a harness or like me you'll blow a bulb..
I stuck my ballasts onto the bak of my bumper support.. The one with the foam in it. My fogs flopped off because I used cheap indoor 3m tape on them... Or you cnq just shove them behind your headlights. Not recommended but it works.

You can also make a bracket out if sheet metal. I wouldn't buy any pre made ones.. So easy to make.

yea with my cobra HIDs I just stuck em behind the headlights somewhere lmao worked just fine never had an issue but with the turbo there on my gt I doubt its recommended at all lol now on the website it does say the wiring harness is recommended on the 55w kits except Hi/Low ones.. which I believe somebody earlier in the thread said to buy.. so should I get the harness anyways just to be safe? HID harness dual in, dual out - $10 bringing everything here to $70

96gt4.6

Reaction score
just got a set from ddm for the street bike. just be aware they ship from overseas, it took almost a month for me to get them

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yea get it. Mine are hi/low and one of my bulbs blew just after having them on for 10 minutes lol

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
just got a set from ddm for the street bike. just be aware they ship from overseas, it took almost a month for me to get them

thanks for the heads up !

Yea get it. Mine are hi/low and one of my bulbs blew just after having them on for 10 minutes lol

lol oh shit, ight so $70 bucks it is lol besides im sure itll help for when I do actually do fogs lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online