History of a Tag - 92 LX SC to 97 Cobra (pixs)

Reaction score
History of a Tag: (so no flaming!)
I've owned several mustangs over the years but my favorites so far has been a wickedly fast (dubbed -"Snot Rod") 92 LX that I supercharged + early on and my latest purchase a cherry pacific green low mileage 97 Cobra Convertible - it's just still brand new.

92 Lx Photos and Tag (earliest photo I have)
92lxsupercharged2ao4.jpg

The custom tag on my 92 lx was YBUYAGT.. because it would eat any GT for lunch .. even in stock form. The engine was just stout.. built on the right day, right conditions etc. I proudly wore this for years and had to prove it on several occasions :slap:

92lxsuperchargedkz0.jpg

97 Cobra now wears the old badge of honor...
97cobraybuyagtmn7.jpg

frontpassvc5.jpg

topdownpassdc7.jpg

(Compare this photo to the one above - similar location - notice trees)

This tag just never fit on the other GT's I've owned and please note.. I'm not dissing GT's (at least not today).. it's just a HISTORY to this tag and it personally brings back lots of great memories from that old 92 LX "snot rod" Fox.

But I guess it could make some mad on the street, eh? But now you know.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
those are two beauty's do you have any dyno numbers or track times for the fox?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes tradition is going forward. Attempting to convert my young son. I took him to Karate last night and planned on taking a photo of him in from the cobra in a cool stance.. but I pulled the camera the dang humidity was so high that my camera immediately fogged up internally. Doh! We took the twisty roads home and it was a blast with the top down.

Fox Dyno numbers? Sadly no... I don't. The guy that purchased the car from me did and stated they were way above typical stock Lx's. This would explain why it was so blasted fast just in stock trim. He took the car into the 10's in another state before he sold it needing fast cheap cash (that I was unaware of).

9psi 98

Reaction score
That 97 Pacific Green Cobra sure brings back some memories. I had the same car before I sold it prior to going to Iraq. Mine sat just a little lower though and had a light bar.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
While we're bringing back 97 memories..

Here is my old 97... scanned from old photos also to add to the history above. I had both this car and the snot rod at the same time.

97whitecobra2wg4.jpg

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
scarface said:
Nice notch!

Yes it was. :'(

I'll give you an idea of how strong the car was naturally aspirated with nuthing but a K&N on it.
It put down several late 80's vettes in street races (really all I could find etc). I street raced a tricked out Hipo 95/96 Camaro from 50 to 100 mph and he couldn't even budge me ( and I was loaded with the wife and show gear, tents, coolers etc - you have to take it when you get it).. he dropped back and hit the nitrous button and finally come around me. :slap:

When I put the supercharger on it and took it for a test drive.. I noticed it seemed powerful but muffled.. so I dropped the throttle and my buddy and I heard a "boomp" under the hood and it THEN took off like lighting. When we got back.. it blew the PCV valve from the back of the block and blew oil all over the hood and engine. I put a new one in.. and called tech support and they stated since it was so tight (something they had only witnessed on Lighting Truck Engines).. I had to vent the pressure back out of the block as soon as I was pushing it in. Once I did all the check engine lights died and I went for another 40,000+ supercharged + other additions with no worries.

Great memories.. indeed.

mean green

Reaction score
that was a very nice coupe didnt like the color much but i bet it did the JOB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online