Hit Curb-wheel pushed back-Looking for KNOWLEDGEABLE advice

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I've posted about this once before on a different forum a year ago but am just now getting back to the car.

I hit a curb going from anywhere between 5-20 mph, probably closer to 5 but the wheel rubs in the back of the wheel well.

I imagine the k-member could be bent, control arm, spindle, a-arm, maybe the rack (doubtful).

But what I really want to hear from are people who have been in similar situations BEFORE (i.e. experience w/this problem).
Any car in a similar situation, front end collision repair, etc etc. I'm sure some of you have F**ed your car up before :p

What I was planning on having it done for the simplicity of the procedure was to have it put on one of those collision repair machines to bend the k-member back into place and then have an alignment done. A reputable body shop quoted me 225 for both the 'pull' and alignment job without looking at it from what I told them happened.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Chances are the K member isn't bent. But the lower control arm could be. And worse would be the entire front subframe could have shifted back.
It definately sounds like you need to put it on the frame rack. They'll be able to tell you first if the frame is square then narrow it down to the control arm or something else.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I noticed numerous posts when I searched about this apparently common issue of running mustangs into curbs with little details on repair. So I'll try and detail my experience I go through the process.

The first place I took the car was a body shop that recommended I just take it to a place that does suspension and diagnostic. So I took it to an NTB which by the way does free diagnostic. The mechanic there told me I had a bent control arm (assuming his diagnostic is correct I was relieved to hear the k-member hadn't shifted). They quoted me a total cost of 550 or so dollars to replace the bent a-arm (included parts).
But I was like that '**** that.' and ran my ass over to the parts store and got two new a-arms for 125 a piece (note that I overpaid since LMR sells the pair for 185). I also bought pro urethane spring isolators as well for 35 and order new control arm bolts (these are one time use items according to ford) from LMR for 50.

I'm just waiting on a good weather day and bolts to install them. I expect to need an alignment when all said and done if nothing else is off.

http://s674.photobucket.com/user/Airplane21st/media/Mobile Uploads/1425537643_zps404a9a12.jpg.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online