Hmmm, QUESTION. (Result of pondering)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
You know, i was just wondering, how much do you think i could get a 03-04 cobra motor out of a ass end wrecked chassis from the junkyard?
I know it'd have to be some DAMN good luck to find a situation like that but i've got all the time in the world. How much would a new one be?

Also, How much would the swap into my 95 gt cost? And how easy would it be?

I was just pondering over this, drop a cobra motor in my bitch and port the eaton, 500+ horsepower and i'm set for life really.

What do you guys think?

I think it'd be better than spending thousands and thousands for a HCI + turbo/supercharger set up and still not even having 450hp.

Which route would be cheaper do you guys think? :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be fairly expensive.

motor and supercharger, even from a wrecked car won't be cheap, if you can find them.
also you'd have to convert the computer and wiring and probably fuel system too.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I got my 03cobra wheels off a wrecked cobra. The engine was still in the car and in good shape. I asked the owner of the salvage yard what he was asking for the engine. He told from 8 to 10 grand. www.prestigemustang.com is the place. He also said around 4,000 for a 96 to 98 cobra engine.

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
I got my 03cobra wheels off a wrecked cobra. The engine was still in the car and in good shape. I asked the owner of the salvage yard what he was asking for the engine. He told from 8 to 10 grand. www.prestigemustang.com is the place. He also said around 4,000 for a 96 to 98 cobra engine.

Well screw that idea, lol.

/ponder

Reaction score
check ebay i saw on 94gt on there not to long ago with an 03-04 cobra and tranny swap in it making 550 to the wheels for 15

Reaction score
I would expect to pay around 10k for the engine/tranny. Which is not THAT bad if you think about the cost of rebuilding a motor and tranny.

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Midnight_Cobra said:
I would expect to pay around 10k for the engine/tranny. Which is not THAT bad if you think about the cost of rebuilding a motor and tranny.

Correct. I have $4000 into my new motor, and I just dropped $3400 on a new Kenne Bell. Granted this was all for new parts, and I did my own building and installation on the new motor. That is around the territory of a used 03/04 Cobra motor. Does that include computer harness and everything?

Reaction score
Depends who you buy from, most engine/tranny combos come with teh ECU and harness that I've seen.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
the junkyard near my house has a thing, if you can carry it yourself its 75 bucks for anything, im practicing my squats and long carry for when they get a cobra engine O0

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
the junkyard near my house has a thing, if you can carry it yourself its 75 bucks for anything, im practicing my squats and long carry for when they get a cobra engine O0

:lol:

S

scarface

go get your ass out on the corner and make some money Bia! then maybe your pimp will buy you your temy engine :) :pimp:

my :slap: is WAY strong....give me my baby powder!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online